“Cancelled flight and car hire”
Review of British Airways

Reviewed 18 May 2020

I would like to review British Airways during these troubled times. My trip to Miami was cancelled at first the refund process was difficult but I realise this was due to the sheer numbers of customers in contact with BA. We received out flight money back within a week, I have just processed the car hire refund and have no doubt this will be repaid promptly. Thankyou British Airways I was very despondent and you have cheered me up. I hope to rebook the trip next year when you release June 2021 dates.

Date of travel: May 2020
Write a reviewReviews (54,782)

Reviewed 18 May 2020

Two hour flight. You get nothing. Not even a beverage like EVERY US domestic carrier EXCEPT Spirit and Frontier-even horrible AA-one of their partners gives you a beverage and a snack in the US for a domestic flight. So what is the point? Flying with BA is EXACTLY the same as flying with Spirit or Frontier.

Date of travel: February 2020
    • Food and Beverage
1  Thank Wolverine154
Reviewed 17 May 2020

The flights booked were return flights from from Heathrow to Calgary for myself and my wife leaving in June and returning in July this year.
B.A. in formed by e-mail that the flights had been cancelled. I then contacted them by phone to discuss a refund. I telephonened the number give and was connected to a representive within a minute, I had expected a long wait. The representitive was very helpful and answered all my queries and assured me of the reinstatement of my Avios points and companion voucher also a full refund of all flight monies and seat payments, but the funds may take upto a month to be repaid.
At the end end of the call I checked my account and the voucher and Avios points had been placed back ready for use. Within one week all the funds had been returned as promised.
Things could not have gone better so I felt a complement was due to British Airways for the way the situation was handled.

Date of travel: July 2019
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank DouglasW231
Reviewed 13 May 2020 via mobile

#britishairways

I can only recommend that you never book with BA. we did and regret our booking deeply. Due to Corona restriktions our Flights could not take place as we wished. It was the crew it self recommending/offering passenger to leave the plane before the LRflight. Since we were trying to get money back, travel vouchers or a rebooking in replacement. After several weeks of communication via email and phone we received today BAs decision that nothing can be done for us.

If they let you down when times are hard why should we spend money with them when everything is alright. There is a huge choice of possibilities when it comes to book a trip but i am sure that none of them are worse than BA

Date of travel: March 2020
3  Thank HPascal
Reviewed 13 May 2020 via mobile

Without a doubt the most unethical, despicable, group of people I have ever observed . Stated , in print , “ due to high call volume, go to website , Mange My Booking ... and destination, date , or both , can be changed Free . Yet ... they changed $ 962.80 for change and say it’s too late to correct . The person in Customer Service ( a term I use loosely ) Anna Walker is most representative of this unethical behavior. Have never observed a Company with less Character and Integrity . No one there has Ever been coached on “ Do the Right Thing “
My wish is they go out of business , Air Travel will be better for it .

Date of travel: March 2020