“Worst airline and terrible customer service”
Review of Avianca

Reviewed 14 June 2024

Worst airline, at least for international flights. They do not inform you of international travel fees through transit countries and surprise you in the last minute while you are in checking-in to the flight. They do not offer any customer support to passengers at the airport. They also do not process any refunds even though it is their fault. DO NOT TAKE THIS AIRLINE.

Date of travel: April 2024
2  Thank Nishita2693

Reviewed 13 June 2024

I don't write reviews but for this one, I have to give them one, worse customer service, rude underpaid employee that don't care and poor customer service. Never ever again. I had to fly for the funeral and sadly almost missed it

2  Thank Beatka O
Reviewed 13 June 2024

Wanted to travel with my pet. They said She would have to travel in BAGGAGE. OK, I PURCHASED MY TICKET ON LINE WITH CC. I then Called the only number, service center to pay the 205. They said the payment didn't go thru 2 times. I called my bank to see why they would decline? they saw no such transaction. I tried calling someone in US ,no luck .called the service centerAGAIN , Guatemala? only number for Avianca. They SAID SORRY CANT TRY AGAIN. ANY CARD? NO. HAVE TO CHANGE AIRLINES AND EAT THE TICKET,NO REFUNDS...Going for 4 months can't go without my dog....

2  Thank Siestakeypontoo... B
Reviewed 12 June 2024

The problems with the flight were numerous. The seats are very narrow, and there is no room whatsoever when they are reclined. The airline changed our seats without asking us. Staff could be overly curt and unfriendly as if the idea of customer service was unknown. I highly recommend AVOIDING this airline if at all possible.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 11 June 2024

Worst customer service ever. Agent gave wrong information when trying to pay an additional fee for one piece of carryon luggage. They were unwilling to help in any way. Ended up costing $180 extra to carryon one medium sized piece of luggage.

• Customer service
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.