“Avianca yw”
Review of Avianca

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was good. They had some good food like a grilled ham sandwich or something, flew at night, and peaceful flight overall. I’d fly again.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

To be honest I’ve expected a much better service from Avianca. I’ve purely booked a flight with them because of my Star Alliance frequent traveller status. Next time I will definitely choose another airline serving that route.
Anyway, let’s start from the only positive aspect of that trip from Cartagena to Bogotá: the check-in.
Online check-in process was very quick and easy. I’ve then printed out my boarding pass at the airport. No issues with that.
First of all the flight had an about 20 minute delay. The staff near the gate didn’t really care.
The crew didn’t greet the passengers properly, when they were entering the plane, same at the end of the journey. Not a very good attitude. The whole service was comparable to a low fare airline - however, the price of that domestic Avianca flight was not that cheap at all.
I’ve got my Star Alliance miles for that flight anyway but I don’t think I will use Avianca’s services again and would not recommend it.

1  Thank S P
Reviewed 19 May 2024

it was bad my poor grandparents were treated with such hostility. there was a lady that put her kid on their seat. THE ONE WE PAID FOR WITH OUR OWN MONEY BY THE WAY and the lady refused to move her kid. they told the staff on the plane and they refused to do anything about it. my grandparents went very uncomfortable and they’re constantly in pain. i would never recommend this airline. it’s the worst the people are rude and could care less about you and your bags. not to mention it’s so crowded and uncomfortable! horrible horrible airline!!!!!!

1  Thank JackieAguilar3300
Reviewed 18 May 2024

Website didn't let us pay for 1 additional extra bag. We got a message saying that we can do it at the airport for the same price. When we got there, the charge for 1 additional bag was USD$220. I am glad that my friend was with me and took the extra bag back to my place! This airline is scamming people! Don't use it.

Reviewed 16 May 2024

The plane left early and arrived early. I see why it is the most on time airline. The map wasn’t working. There was no free Wi-Fi. There was no free snacks. The old Avianca was better.

Date of travel: March 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.