“Easy travel”
Review of Avianca

Reviewed 6 May 2023 via mobile

I last traveled on Avianca a few years ago and was pleased with the service then - it was pleasing to find that things have not changed.
My flight was on-time and comfortable. There is no in- flight entertainment and the power sockets don’t work - so bring a book! Food service is pay as you go - but the flight is only 5 hours.
Service was efficient and professional

One thing to note was that on departing San Salvador for Toronto there was an additional hand luggage screening at the gate (ie after the main security screening) so give yourself plenty of time for this.

The Avianca lounge was comfortable- but I’m not sure it was work the cost of the lounge

Reviewed 5 May 2023

I called as soon as I made the error of adding my luggage to the wrong flight. I was told multiple times that my issue would be resolved and my luggage would be moved to the correct flight. I called multiple times to make sure my issue was resolved but nothing I just kept getting told everything would be fine. I ended up having to pay for again for my luggage on the day of my flight and tried to call to fix it before paying but I was told that the fastest thing would be to just pay the luggage and I would receive a refund after the initial flight took place. I had to pay for double luggage which I did not use. When I called to claim my refund I was told all I could get was a stupid travel voucher as if I would fly with you again. I called and was assured my issue would be resolved but nothing. Instead it made more issues. I spoke to multiple representatives saying my issue would be resolved but nothing. I will make sure to never recommend this airline and try my best to never travel again after I use the stupid voucher that was provided to me which is going to force me to give this stupid company more money. Horrible systems and horrible service to customers.

Date of travel: March 2023
1  Thank 38gabyd
Reviewed 5 May 2023

They are always changing flights as that do not affect the customers, that is not a serious company, if i cant trust then here, neither on the air

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank michaelaI9761HE
Reviewed 4 May 2023

Honestly this airline is worse than Frontier. I don't know if it's the fact they are a Latin company based but OMG just horrible. I was unable to get through to anyone and needed to change my flight because their system had the wrong date on my ticket. I eventually got through to someone and they informed me that I needed to pay triple the price of the ticket which was absurd. I spoke to a supervisor, and she basically told me that you can speak to the CEO and there is nothing we can do about it. They are the worse airline ever. Currently in the process of disputing the charge with my bank.

Date of travel: May 2023
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank Travelwithmag11
Reviewed 4 May 2023 via mobile

Avianca has expertly and meticulously designed a chair that is unbearably uncomfortable for people of every size and background. If you have not had the displeasure of being the unbelievably unlucky passenger to sit in an avianca seat let me describe the experience to you. It’s as if a solid piece of wood that does not recline an inch is at your back, while your knees no matter your height kiss the chair in front of you. But don’t worry, you’ll be entertained by your own thoughts since there is absolutely no entertainment offered, not even on a five hour flight. If you’ve ever heard of lumbar support, pretend you didn’t, because that is certainly what avianca has done. You may be thinking that I’m being too harsh, perhaps they designed the chair to be comfortable for those with kyphosis. If that is the case, I sincerely apologize for my ignorance. However, I can’t help but believe that this is not the case. What has happened here is a gross negligence of ergonomics, and other such millennial buzzwords. Avianca I wish I could say it was a pleasure, but how pleasurable can it be if that when the next time I fly to Colombia I can happily say it will be with Spirit.

1  Thank overgiggle
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.