“Mr”
Review of Avianca

Reviewed 9 January 2020

By far the worst customer service I have ever received from an airline. The desk attendant was rude and unhelpful after avianca resold my tickets after I had already confirmed via email. When speaking to the manager who barely spoke English failed to understand the my core complaint was the lack of customer service. I will never fly with this airline again.

Date of travel: December 2019

Reviewed 9 January 2020

We normally travel business class because we are older and can.
First we did not get the third age discount?
This is a short flight so we thought it would be ok this once.
The plane was new and clean, the staff were nice and we left on time.
The seats looked comfortable, but they were from comfortable.
First the seat belt did not fit around my wast, I weigh 99kg I squeezed it in for takeoff and landing, and left it of in flight.
The squab was so hard I was in pain.
The space that we had to fit in was tight and when the passenger in front reclined the seat, I felt claustrophobic, I was not able to use the tray table to work on my iPad because there was no space.
Half way we got a drink and I think and empanada.
I dare not go to the bathroom, because I did know if I could get back in the seat.
After the plane landed I felt very bad and had to be attended to by the paramedics.
A terrible experience, on that is not to be repeated.
Are the air lines making these conditions to discourage people from flying, or are they making things so bad that people like me are forced to upgrade?
This is the first time I have booked a flight and then had to pay for the seat, maybe next time we will have to pay to use the toilet.
One last thing, when the seat in front of me reclined, the tv screen was so close I could not focus it.

Date of travel: January 2020
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 8 January 2020

Service in Business Class is nothing like the quality you can get elsewhere, so make the most of the flat bed and decent sized TV screen. Business Class within Colombia does not offer alcohol on board, and only after 4pm in the lounge. However, the coffee offered in the lounge is very good, and some spirits are available in the International lounge in Bogota.

Date of travel: November 2019
2  Thank SGonzalez123
Reviewed 8 January 2020

While this was only a short hop flight from Ecuador to Peru, it was the best flight experience I had in South America. Spacious, comfortable seating, efficient and friendly in-flight service as well as amazingly efficient check in at Guayaquil.

Date of travel: January 2020
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank zeewijk
Reviewed 8 January 2020 via mobile

Travelled to Lima on Avianca's A330 200. The flight was an ontime departure. The legroom was reasonable. Meals were light but satisfying for airplane standards. There were a lot of movies on the entertainment system. I was a bit mad when we landed in Lima since it took almost 15 minutes to get off the aircraft.

Date of travel: December 2019
    • Value for money
2  Thank RenalYusuf
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.