“Flying miami to bogota colombia.”
Review of Avianca

Reviewed 7 January 2020

Yea flying mia-bogota well right off i knew the plane was a bit old with all the dirt on it. But what got me was i was laying my head on the window sleeping i wake up move my head i guess its called the window seal.
It fail right off smh lol. I was going to put it back together but i was like let me call the flight attendent he came and said geesh. He click it back on and i change seats.

Date of travel: January 2020

Reviewed 6 January 2020

Great flight...super accommodating and without flaws. Our tour group got to the airport 30 minutes before flight and they were happy to expedite the check in process for our group with a smile.

Reviewed 6 January 2020

Days before the flight, I was contacted by Avianca by email and offered a chance to bid to upgrade my ticket from Economy to Business. I bid around $400 and received confirmation. At check in, a boarding pass was issued for Business Class, but, when I tried to check in 2 suitcases (permitted of Business class flyers), I was told that the upgrade was only for the seat itself and that I would need to pay for the second suitcase (which I did, despite trying to reason with the employees who were cordial, but adamant that their instructions were to collect for the 2nd bag.

Needless to say, there was no disclosure to me that the upgrade fee did not include all attributes of Business Class. I asked whether we could reverse the upgrade and I could get the upgrade fee refunded. That was not possible.

I asked, almost in jest, whether I would also be declined the food in Business Class or whether I would have to board with the Economy section.

The second suitcase was important (it had Xmas gifts for family) and the fact that I could bring 2 bags without paying extra was the motivating factor in me agreeing to pay for the upgrade.

Just shameful bait and switch.

By the way, if you want a laugh, and you are in the USA, try to fill out their on-line complaint form. The design is really poor. Required fields for things that USA citizens don't have. Inability to upload more than one document (I tried to upload a copy of my boarding pass, as well as the receipt for the extra-bag fee), required field for citizenship and sex (why is any of that relevant?), and drop down boxes that entail your having to scroll through page after page to try to find your entry. Then, you go to a refund screen and the only drop-down selection is "cancelled flight".

All around, not good.

1  Thank Roy K
Reviewed 6 January 2020

The flight is a order and pay service which is as expensive as an airport meal, although food was limited really.

Date of travel: October 2019
1  Thank Andy R
Reviewed 5 January 2020

Seats were spacious enough and very comfortable. In-flight entertainment was great and the flight attendants were friendly. Food was even pretty good. I made a mistake in booking the flight and even booked with a third party. The error could have meant that 1 of the 4 of us could not fly. The counter attendants worked hard for an hour to rectify my mistake. They went above and beyond and saved our vacation.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.