“Worst airline ever, horrible treatment despite pregnant”
Review of Austrian Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I just flew connecting through Vienna to New York - despite my ticket specifically saying I was entitled to a carry on and a personal item, despite me paying an exorbitant amount for extra legroom seats, despite being a Star Alliance Gold member, and despite clearly being 6 months pregnant, I was specifically singled out and my carry on was forcefully tagged to be taken away. It did not matter that I explained I have medicine and several things I need for the long flight, I got surrounded by 3 female staff members at the gate, who started literally harassing me, telling me that I don’t need my bad and tagging it by force, against my will and my pleading. And on top of that I was rudely responded “if you want to keep your carry on, fly business class next time”. Many others around had their carry on and were not forced to check it in, for some reason they decided I was the one to be singled out. And what’s worse, half of the overhead compartments were empty when boarding was completed.

Never before in decades of flying regularly throughout the year with numerous airlines, have I ever encountered such horrid behavior towards a passenger. Absolutely zero empathy and it felt like they literally had some latent anger against pregnant women, I still can’t believe how I was treated. STAY AWAY FROM THIS AIRLINE, it is not worth your time and your money and they do not know how to value customers.

4  Thank ir33na

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The customer service is aweful can't und derstand or hear anything. They don't care about what happened they only care about money

2  Thank Margit A
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Very bad company, acting like a low cost !! Almost always late, no guarantee to get your connecting flight (from the same company!), often loses your luggage, not even talking about the disgusting "meal" for long trips (usually a small sandwich).

2  Thank Celine C
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I've complained about the flight attendant I. Gtiensteid-Merwar, flight OS 0859 Vienna - Tel Aviv 8/5/2024. Ms. Gtiensteid-Merwar refused to help me place my luggage comfortably and was talking rudely. Such employees stain the impeccable the reputation of your company I applied to the Austrian Airlines and didn't get any feedback. In the whole he flignt was disgusting, there were no screens at all, no internet, the only food we were given was a cheese sandwich. The flight attendant Ms. Gtiensteid-Merwar did not offer me water pretending I didn't exist. Let the world know about it.
The pilot was great

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I recently, May 2024, missed our connecting flight from Vienna to Budapest. We were told by the gate attendant that there were still seats available on the next flight leaving in one hour. We were directed to the Austrian airlines desk to reschedule. We waited one hour while a representative of Austrian Airlines sat at her terminal doing absolutley nothing, but would not wait on us. Inexplicable as it was, this wait caused us to miss the next connecting flight. We were also required to purchase tickets for the subsequent available flight leaving ten hours later than our orginal flight. Just to be clear we were required to pay for the flight twice. The cost of these tickets which we had already paid for was nearly 1000 Euros for my wife and I. Note that this was less than a one hour flight of approximately 200 miles. The woman who took care of us was absolutely hateful. On top of this I received my luggage three days into our one week vacation. I will never travel to Austria again. And I will certainly never travel on Austrian airlines again. My wife and I have travelled all over the world. This was by far the worst experience we have ever had. It left us in shock with little desire to travel to Europe again.

4  Thank drBill49
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.