“Just don't”
Review of Austrian Airlines

Reviewed 13 May 2024

I've complained about the flight attendant I. Gtiensteid-Merwar, flight OS 0859 Vienna - Tel Aviv 8/5/2024. Ms. Gtiensteid-Merwar refused to help me place my luggage comfortably and was talking rudely. Such employees stain the impeccable the reputation of your company I applied to the Austrian Airlines and didn't get any feedback. In the whole he flignt was disgusting, there were no screens at all, no internet, the only food we were given was a cheese sandwich. The flight attendant Ms. Gtiensteid-Merwar did not offer me water pretending I didn't exist. Let the world know about it.
The pilot was great

• In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding

Reviewed 13 May 2024

My wife and I recently, May 2024, missed our connecting flight from Vienna to Budapest. We were told by the gate attendant that there were still seats available on the next flight leaving in one hour. We were directed to the Austrian airlines desk to reschedule. We waited one hour while a representative of Austrian Airlines sat at her terminal doing absolutley nothing, but would not wait on us. Inexplicable as it was, this wait caused us to miss the next connecting flight. We were also required to purchase tickets for the subsequent available flight leaving ten hours later than our orginal flight. Just to be clear we were required to pay for the flight twice. The cost of these tickets which we had already paid for was nearly 1000 Euros for my wife and I. Note that this was less than a one hour flight of approximately 200 miles. The woman who took care of us was absolutely hateful. On top of this I received my luggage three days into our one week vacation. I will never travel to Austria again. And I will certainly never travel on Austrian airlines again. My wife and I have travelled all over the world. This was by far the worst experience we have ever had. It left us in shock with little desire to travel to Europe again.

4  Thank drBill49
Reviewed 12 May 2024

Absolutely horrible. So many delays and on second flight they wanted me to check in my suitcase even though I said I'm not confortable doing that. And they promised me I wouldn't have to on the phone when booking.

2  Thank Malou-Cheanne A
Reviewed 10 May 2024

I will be the first to admit that Austria used to be good. Yet, their stinginess has become prevalent in my most recent flight with them. Upon check in I was told my personal item (a backpack) was not a personal item and my carry on (a small hiking bag) was oversized baggage. On top of that I was charged for an extra bag because my personal item and carry on combined was overweight. They do not specify ay weight reatrictions on your personal item so think twic3 about taking your laptop through. Truly unprofessional and heinous service that puts them in the same league as budget airlines like wizz air.

2  Thank mattsbackpacking
Reviewed 9 May 2024

I woke up in the middle of the night to do online check-in and confirmed my seat selection as an aisle seat and received my boarding pass via email, showing an aisle seat. When I reached the airport the day of the flight, I found the my seat assignment had been changed to a middle seat. When I questioned this, the desk agent said they didn't know how it got changed and there was nothing she could do. I asked what is the point of on-line check-in if the seat request is not honored. She said the specific seat is not guaranteed but the category (window, middle, aisle) is guaranteed. I then pointed out that I was not being given the category (aisle) that I had requested and been given during online check-in. Then she started berating me and saying that I didn't understand how the system works, as if I'd never flown before. I've flown over 3 million miles and I never encountered such a lying and pathetic attitude of an airline agent. I would not have minded if the desk agent had simply told the truth, but she came up with one BS statement after another and was demeaning and rude. To add insult to the situation, the food on the flight was horrendous, the entertainment selections were poor, the plane was old and cramped, and the flight attendents were unfriendly and made no effort at real service. For what is supposedly a full-cost airline, Austrian performs worse than the cheapest low-cost carrier!

Date of travel: April 2024
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
3  Thank Raintree_Thailand
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.