“Staff are rude and openly lie!”
Review of Austrian Airlines

Reviewed 9 May 2024

I woke up in the middle of the night to do online check-in and confirmed my seat selection as an aisle seat and received my boarding pass via email, showing an aisle seat. When I reached the airport the day of the flight, I found the my seat assignment had been changed to a middle seat. When I questioned this, the desk agent said they didn't know how it got changed and there was nothing she could do. I asked what is the point of on-line check-in if the seat request is not honored. She said the specific seat is not guaranteed but the category (window, middle, aisle) is guaranteed. I then pointed out that I was not being given the category (aisle) that I had requested and been given during online check-in. Then she started berating me and saying that I didn't understand how the system works, as if I'd never flown before. I've flown over 3 million miles and I never encountered such a lying and pathetic attitude of an airline agent. I would not have minded if the desk agent had simply told the truth, but she came up with one BS statement after another and was demeaning and rude. To add insult to the situation, the food on the flight was horrendous, the entertainment selections were poor, the plane was old and cramped, and the flight attendents were unfriendly and made no effort at real service. For what is supposedly a full-cost airline, Austrian performs worse than the cheapest low-cost carrier!

Date of travel: April 2024
    • In-flight Entertainment
3  Thank Raintree_Thailand

Reviewed 8 May 2024

I read other reviews before my flight and I was afraid my plane would not depart or that they would lose my luggage. Instead, my experience has been nice both when I left for Vienna and when I returned to Venice. The plane was clean, the flighting attendants were lovely, and I super appreciated the small water and chocolate they gave me for free. Plus, I was not asked to store my carry-on luggage anywhere else but in the cabine, and got to sit alone on the window seat on both flights, even though the plane was quite crowded on the return flight. I'd definitely choose this company again, my experience was extremely good.

Date of travel: May 2024
Reviewed 7 May 2024

Absolutely HORRIBLE airline stay far far away, not only delayed me by 14+ hours but BROKE my luggage bag and destroyed my clothing and refused to compensate me. I will never be flying austrian again in my life and I hope you read this and don't support such an awful company that clearly doesn't care about your customers.

Date of travel: February 2024
    • In-flight Entertainment
1  Thank X3034FZalexd
Reviewed 7 May 2024

May 6 2024.
Plane with fairly basic amenities but did the job we all wanted well.
Excellent flight and the best landing I think I have ever had. Perfect landing, barely felt it, compliments to the pilots.

Date of travel: May 2024
1  Thank Greg K
Reviewed 1 May 2024

it was really bad I can't feel my ears anymore and that hurts so much and i know it's your fault cause it never happened in another plane no please try to fix this thing cause it's really bad and I'm never gonna use your plane anymore

Date of travel: April 2024
2  Thank Talita G
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.