“Just DO NOT”
Review of Austrian Airlines

Reviewed 24 April 2024

It was my first time traveling with Austrian Airlines and I regretted it so badly. The flights were delayed (they have never apologized for the inconvenience), the aircraft was badly maintained, no legroom, the food was terrible, and the stewards and stewardesses were surprisingly (!) rude and unprofessional. Low costers are way more comfortable and welcoming.

1  Thank 555dariaf

Reviewed 19 April 2024

Austrian Airlines Business Class is just economy with a free middle seat. The seat distance is 28cm ( same as economy ). Usually I am flying Aegean which offers better deals, much more leg space and an excellent business class service.
This airline was once upon a time top in service and comfort and has now degraded to a low cost carrier.

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank Coastal601392
Reviewed 18 April 2024

Austrian Airline canceled my flight two days before the take off due to flight attendants strike. Couldn’t get anybody on the phone or on their web site. I got the feeling like you were left on your own to do something or your trip will completely fall apart. At the end I was forced to ask Expedia for getting my money back and rescheduled with another company (paid almost additional $1,000 to keep the same date). When I realized that I didn’t get back my seats reservation cost, I contacted Expedia and got the following response from Austrian “airline denied the refund for seats due to airline schedule change”. Great job Austrian Airline.

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank Hristo M
Reviewed 18 April 2024

My first experience with Austrian and I hope it is not my last! The service, food and ambience were outstanding. Direct flight from Canada is worth it.

Reviewed 15 April 2024

I have flown with Austrian Airlines several times without any problem except last Easter because of the strike. I was so glad that my flight from Brussels to Pristina Kosovo was with Swissair because a lot of flights from Austrian Airlines were canceled that day.

My ticket was booked four months in advance and there were some changes a few times, but nothing that I worried about. I had installed their app on my phone and from there I could check my itinerary from time to time. And even during the strike period, they stay in touch through apps.

I never had any problems with luggage whatsoever, I'm a light traveler with a small backpack. This is the second year I have flown with Austrian Airlines mostly flying to the Balkans as they were the most reliable airline to those destinations, so I'm a satisfying passenger.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.