“Very Bad Experience”
Review of Austrian Airlines

Reviewed 18 April 2024

Austrian Airline canceled my flight two days before the take off due to flight attendants strike. Couldn’t get anybody on the phone or on their web site. I got the feeling like you were left on your own to do something or your trip will completely fall apart. At the end I was forced to ask Expedia for getting my money back and rescheduled with another company (paid almost additional $1,000 to keep the same date). When I realized that I didn’t get back my seats reservation cost, I contacted Expedia and got the following response from Austrian “airline denied the refund for seats due to airline schedule change”. Great job Austrian Airline.

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank Hristo M

Reviewed 18 April 2024

My first experience with Austrian and I hope it is not my last! The service, food and ambience were outstanding. Direct flight from Canada is worth it.

Reviewed 15 April 2024

I have flown with Austrian Airlines several times without any problem except last Easter because of the strike. I was so glad that my flight from Brussels to Pristina Kosovo was with Swissair because a lot of flights from Austrian Airlines were canceled that day.

My ticket was booked four months in advance and there were some changes a few times, but nothing that I worried about. I had installed their app on my phone and from there I could check my itinerary from time to time. And even during the strike period, they stay in touch through apps.

I never had any problems with luggage whatsoever, I'm a light traveler with a small backpack. This is the second year I have flown with Austrian Airlines mostly flying to the Balkans as they were the most reliable airline to those destinations, so I'm a satisfying passenger.

Reviewed 15 April 2024

Strongly advise against flying with Austrian Airlines—my experience has been consistently appalling. Over the past four years, the airline has suffered a sharp decline in service quality. Expect frequent delays, abrupt changes in flight schedules without any attempt to secure optimal or swift alternative routes, and substandard airport facilities. The aircraft fleet is aging and poorly maintained, compounded by recurrent employee strikes and a noticeable drop in staff professionalism and courtesy. This airline, once commendable, is now a textbook example of operational failure. Avoid at all costs.

2  Thank Daydream32687590594
Reviewed 8 April 2024

We had such a lovely flight attendant. That is the reason that I am writing this review. He took fantastic care of us and was very attentive to our needs. His name is Jamie kolmann. Such a nice warm flight attendant.

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank debbiebX7433PB
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.