“Great.”
Review of ANA (All Nippon Airways)

Reviewed 6 November 2023

I've flown ANA tons of times in Japan, but this review is for a couple flights in October this year.
My first flight, from Haneda to Kobe, was a commuter flight on an old jet. It was packed. But you know what, it was great. I had a 7 yr old and an infant with me and unlike the pathetic US airlines, they actually let us board before everyone else because obviously it takes people with infants longer to settle into their seats. The flight attendant let my 7 yr old choose a souvenir for himself and little bro. Never see that on a US airline.
The flight attendants are exceedingly friendly and polite, every time. I've flown ANA many times, many..and I've never had a poor experience with their staff even once. Comparing to the grumpy and often times rude staff of US airlines its almost a joke comparison.
My second flight was Kobe back to Haneda. Same experience. There was a mechanical problem with our scheduled flight so the gate staff got us on an earlier flight. Experience with ANA is second to none.
I read some of the latest reviews before writing mine and find it kind of hilarious people will actually document how they are foolish and irresponsible and then try to blame it on the airline for not making accommodation for it. Truly hilarious. ANA is probably the most customer friendly airline I've ever dealt with.

Reviewed 29 October 2023

Not sure why ANA get good reviews. If all goes well with the flight, they are as good as most airlines. Any issues or problems. Their customer service is appalling.

Date of travel: June 2023
2  Thank Clive A
Reviewed 24 October 2023

Pain a plane-that sums up the ANA Premium Economy experience. At Dulles airport I was suddenly told a two hour or more delay. No prior warning-like many other airlines do. No updates.On the way back a very very long line waited for a long time without any indication why why we were standing in line. But that was a high point. When you fly ANA you get bare bones in premium economy. The leg rest is made for a munchie-reaching only your thigh.At first I called over the attendant sure that my seat had a defect. What a joke. It extends barely. The food is pure slop Gross menu, small portions and barely do they ever come around with water during the flight. Oh yes, they think they're classy by handing out rock solid small cups of Hagen Das.. Gentle service from flight attendants for sure but a product that is woefully cheap and passenger unfriendly. I'll give them points for luggage arriving on time but is that enough when you are faced with a 13 hour poor quality flight? ANA is not the way to go.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank 882betsyd
Reviewed 16 October 2023

Went through the airport through security and all. Went through with no problem. Went through the duty free, then ANA lounge cause I have gold member. Everything waws going right until I got to the plane about to board. I was pulled aside right next to the plane. The agent asked if i had any tablet or laptop aside from my phone. I said only my tablet. Gave it to her. She wiped it down stating it's clear. At this point I was getting upset but kept my cool and asked why was this happening. She said just a random check. My question is. Why after going through security and pass. Where the hell would I have gotten any sort of bombing device to get onto the plane. I was travelling with my son and my husband they are both white and am black. Nobody else got pulled aside. So was it discrimination? Never again this airline. With so much bad happening in this world this was a reminder that racism still exists out there.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank nathashaj2022
Reviewed 13 October 2023

There is no proper information on the website, no contact number that works and very bad quality website too.
I have tried 5-6 different numbers and tried to find information on the website but it’s just going around in circles and not getting any information.

Date of travel: November 2022
1  Thank Sarascarbs
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.