“Punctual, Clean and good Service.”
Review of ANA (All Nippon Airways)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a flight back home after 10+ travelling in Japan. The check in was very fast and smooth. The lounge was also good although a bit crowded. Plenty of drinks and food were offered. Boarding was also smooth. I flew on B787 which is probably a standard aircraft for the route. It left Haneda slightly late approx 15 mins. It landed at Bangkok on time. On board foods was good. There was no complaint about the service. All in all, I am happy for this flight.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (7,469)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I like Japan and had high hopes for this airlines. Well , they weren’t jtotally ustified.but still better than amy american carriers.
It started at boarding . No direct slip so you were all squeezed into a bus. Funny how first class went first to the bus, then had to wait to get economy squeezed in as well. Into the sane bus...dooohhh. Then in a raining and cold climate we had to climb up to the plane. Unbelievable, this was a 787.
The colours of the cabin looked like 1975, but it was a brandnew plane.
I am an architect and design matters. Really. The plane had an unfriendly and uncomfortable touch just by seeing these gray and blue colors, accompanied by a terrible shrill light.
JAL is much better, really. I have a flight to Osaka next week and avoided ANA.
Back to the flight. Kind of turbulent, okay it’s above japan, so there are clouds and rain but kind of strange fir that size of plane. Food was good, far better than on us carriers and the best were the respectful and even visually appealing (never the case on american carriers either) . Apart from being pretty ,the girls were professional and drinks exceptional. Another sake , some more sushi ? No problem.
Their japanese menu was as good as in the best japanese restaurants in Los Angeles (not in Tokyo) .
Legroom was satisfying and wifi hatdly connected. That’s okay, I had my Ipad with a million movies.
American carriers should send their Gulag-style listless and useless crews to Japan on a “How do I become nice and respectful towards passengers that pay my salary Training”.
Resuming ....
Good Flight, fabulous staff, terrible interior design and no landing slip.

Airoplane very clean
Left on Time
Staff very friendly and professional
Lots off leg room
Seat are Hard though

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I am going to tell my conclusion before explaining why -- from now on, I will only fly ANA as long as it can take me to my destination.

And here's why. When I came back from Tokyo, I booked an exit row seat. Shortly after the plane took off and I was about to comfortably take a nap, a FA came to me and politely asked me if I could exchange my seat with another passenger. Initially, I didn't pay much attention to that passenger and just wanted to decline. Then I looked up and saw the passenger ... OMG, she's an EXTREMELY tall woman. I figured that she's probably at least 7 feet. You can imagine how uncomfortable she would be in a regular economy seat. Anyway, the FA explained to me that the lady had tried, but simply felt very uncomfortable in her seat, blah blah blah. To be honest, I was still quite reluctant to give up my seat. After all, there were other people on the first row of the economy cabin. Why me? But, I did feel bad for the tall lady, and I didn't really need those extra legroom (ANA's regular economy seat has ample of legroom). So, I exchanged my seat with that lady. Once I sat down on the tall lady's seat (she sat across the aisle), I immediately knew why the FA came to me. It turned out that I was the only one who would willingly give up my seat! First of all, the 2 passengers next to my original seat were an old couple. Next, the 2 exit seats on the tall lady's aisle were occupied by a mother and daughter. Lastly, the front middle row was occupied by a family with an infant. Obviously, I being someone travelling alone would be the only one who could be willing to exchange the seat with the tall lady. Very smart, I thought and that seemingly conclude the incident. NO. After I exchanged my seat, throughout my entire trip, whenever I encountered a FA in our cabin, they all thanked me for the help. Initially that made me feel good and accepted their praises. But after a couple times, I began to feel embarrassed and kept telling them that it's really nothing. May be those are just gesture, but the kind of respect they showed did help to make any ill feeling of losing my seat go away.

If you think that's the end, wait until this. After I landed, because of the seat exchange, my carry on was on the other side of the aisle, so I waited until everyone get off before I could get my luggage back (there's another round of embarrassing thanks). I was the last one to get off the plane. Ahead of me was a mother with a very young girl. The girl was, probably around 2. They were quite far ahead of me initially, but the mother had to move her luggage and the girl was so tired and complained that she couldn't walk and wanted her mother to carry her. So they kept slowing down and I finally caught up to them. Just when I walked pass them, the daughter cried and refused to move. I stopped and turned around. Took a look, and was about to walk back to help the mother. At that moment, 2 ANA ground crews rushed towards the mother. No no no, it's not another horrible airline story you've heard. One of the ground crew calmed them young girl, and told her they were coming to help her mom carrying the luggage so that her mom could carry her! Another one uses his walkie-talkie and asked the staffs outside the custom to get a luggage cart ready because a mother and a daughter required their help. It didn't stop there. As I was waited in line to go pass the Custom, the 2 ground crews escorted the mother and daughter to a Special Assisted Lane so that they could go through without waiting online. I could clearly see the mother crying when she's talking to the 2 ground crews.

Needless to say, I was so moved by the attentive services of ANA's staffs. They've earned my business. From now on, I told myself, as long as they operate a flight that would take me to my destination, I would only fly ANA.

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

ANA is my favorite airline and this flight was very comfortable as usual. I was very happy to Finish creating the report In this airplane.It is well-equipped environment that can work!