“Great value and quite comfortable with very courteous service”
Review of ANA (All Nippon Airways)

Reviewed 3 May 2018

The airplane is quite new with good leg-room for me (5'7" tall). Adequate food of above average quality was served, and wine, sake and beer were all free. The stewardesses were very polite and meticulous in their duties. All my flights will this airline were right on schedule, and the baggage claim was efficient as well.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (7,147)

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Plane is clean and very comfortable, the food is good, the airline crew are very efficient and courteous! No second-thoughts on using this airline again
(Actually, I travelled around May of 2016...my travel date is not listed on the choices given)

Reviewed 2 May 2018

The experience begins with a warm Japanese welcome as you board. Shortly after we were served champagne prior to take-off. The seating arrangement in business class is 1-2-1 which is nice for couples in the middle section. The drink and food service began soon after reaching cruising altitude and began with drinks and appetizers. We chose the Japanese meal which was excellent. After dessert and a cordial, our seats were converted to accommodate flat-bed sleeping - a real plus in a 12 hour flight.
Anytime time during the flight there many small dishes you could order if you weren't sleeping and got hungry. The attendants were always monitoring the aisles to give any assistance desired. They were delightfully friendly Japanese ladies who took pride in doing an excellent job. We never saw any sign of irritation or indifference on the part of the attendants. Much different than what we have experienced on American-based carriers.
Two hours prior to landing, we were served a delightful breakfast - your choice again of western or Japanese. Afterward the cabin was cleared and made ready for landing. One of the attendants actually presented us with a small gift on our departure.
All in all it was one of the best inflight service experiences that we have had. We couldn't recommend it highly enough. Submitted by Censeurman.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Since 2 yrs ago, I have been traveling to Asia more frequently. In most of the trips, my last destination would be Tokyo, so I frequently choose ANA.

1) I am tall (6"4 / 194cm), so very often, I do request to change seat to front seat or emergency exit seat. For past two years, they never failed to accommodate my request. Even will full flight, they will arrange isle seat first, and at the gate, right before boarding, they find the front seat for me. They really do understand my hardship and willing to help out for better traveling experience
2) Understanding. For flight security concern, we shall not stay in front of the laboratory, emergency exit, or even in the service area. However, considering 10+ hrs flight, I often need to stretch and walk around. As long as it is not a bumpy time or "fasten seat belt sign on", they are very understanding to let me stay at service area (providing snacks/drink for us to enjoy "self serve"). If they are not busy, they are more than willing to be chatting partner for a few minutes.
3) amenities. Other than snack and drinks, they do provide ear plugs, tooth brushes, eye mask, mask...etc to help us stay healthy and comfortable (for economy class, upon request)

btw, one time, my 10:30 flight was delayed to 13:00, they even provided lunch voucher for every travelers. This was never happen for some airlines that I experienced

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Maybe I've been spoiled by Cathay Pacific's Premium Economy class (which I've booked for my last 2 trips to Asia), but I was very disappointed by ANA's equivalent. For the increased price I'd expect something more than a bit more space. Boarding is with the rest of economy, no separate bathroom (despite the ANA rep's claim that I would be two rows from the bathroom, the bathroom in question was limited to business class), and the same food and drink as regular coach. On top of that, no explanation at the beginning of the flights as to what meal service to expect and when. Finally, some nasty goop on my monitor screen on my return flight that I had to clean off. Yuck!

1  Thank KenJen3925