“Everything you would want in Economy”
Review of ANA (All Nippon Airways)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We flew All Nippon Airways (ANA) from New Delhi to Tokyo (7 hours). Then another ANA plane from Tokyo to Chicago (10 hours).The seats were ordinary, but everything else surpassed expectations. The 2 meals were tasty, snacks and water/wine/beer were very plentiful, the toilet was clean, and the movies were current. The touch screen was the best I have yet encountered! AND THE ATTENDANTS WERE SO VERY FRIENDLY and ATTENTIVE-----and SO MANY SMILES! I would readily recommend ANA to anybody!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (6,039)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

While the service was amazing, ANA's first class seating arrangements is exactly the same as the Business class. Perhaps the food option are a bit different but nothing to justify First over Business.
The attention and service provided by the flight attendants were beyond expectations and the crew would do whatever they can to make your flight comfortable.
I was especially impressed with the crew for cleaning the restrooms after every use,
ANA was great
I was rather surprised that WiFi was not provided as a part of the First Class cabin but rather provided for additional fee.

1  Thank Elie B
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When flying on economy, all you really want are these 4 things at least and ANA has totally delivered. There really isn't anything to complain about. The in-flight entertainment isn't the most comprehensive I've seen but more than enough to last the trip. I do appreciate how the staff dress up when serving food - very nice! Service with a smile makes a long journey nice and easy. During the flight back, the plane went through some turbulence that lasted quite a bit, but the staff gave passengers assurance and remained calm throughout - thumbs up for that!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our first time flying a Japan airline. I was soooo impressed. Our group of 5 had only carry-on bags for our flight from Haneda Int'l Airport to Kansai Int'l Airport in Osaka.
On a quick side note, you must take advantage of a Japan-wide delivery service known as Ta-Q-Bin by Yamato Transport. Two days before departing for Osaka, we dropped our big bags (airline checked in bags) with the hotel's front desk to be "Ta-Q-BIn" to our next hotel. The hotel staff measured our bag, estimated weight & determined destination to immediately provide us with a delivery quote (USD19.22). You pay in advance in Yen. Our bags would be picked up by 5pm that day and delivered to our next hotel. We used Ta-Q-Bin to 3 different hotels. The delivery service has earned the reputation of reliability. At every hotel our bags were waiting for us. I watched as other travelers had to haul their luggage onto a train or subway to the airport or the shinkansen (bullet train) station. Certainly is well worth the cost relative to a more stress free intra-travel from Tokyo to Osaka, to Kyoto, to Hiroshima and back to Tokyo. Anyway, back to ANA, unlike the USA, we were given a receipt when our carry ons went through a security screening. We received a receipt when our tickets were scanned at check in. Amazingly efficient and of course always polite. I really felt appreciated. Our flight was a Boeing 767 with 2-3-2 seating. An announcement for our flight started about 25 minutes before our scheduled departure time. The first group to board were families with young children, then those needing assistance followed by ANA's frequent flyers. Then the "fun" began, general boarding. No such thing as zone 2,3,4,5. ALL remaining passengers can board together at the same time! But it was awesome; orderly & respectful. As best I could tell the flight was nearly full, so easily 200+ passengers. One of my traveling companions who retired from United Airlines and visits Japan multiple times a year told me to watch the boarding process. Everyone was seated and ready to go in 20 minutes!! amazing!
I also heard announcements while waiting for our flight, whenever a another flight was delayed. Even if the flight was going to be 2 minutes late, they announced the delay.

1  Thank brown4866
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The flight was pretty smooth. The attendants were kind, however, I requested a certain meal, since they did have TWO options, my boyfriend requested the same meal, and the 3rd person in our row, a man, requested the same option as well. The flight attendant gave both of them what they had chosen then when it came to me, she asked if i could take option B, I was hesitant and she looked flustered so I assumed they were out of option A and agreed because it seemed I had no choice.
The entire row behind me ended up getting option A and I ended up with a meal I could not eat (stewed beef). It was not a huge deal but the lack of care and service was a little disappointing. I was on a 11 hour flight and did not bring any meal with me as our flight to Japan had not had any issues like this.

The seating was not so bad, in flight entertainment was pretty decent too!

1  Thank Stephanie Y