“Like a flying 5 Star hotel”
Review of ANA (All Nippon Airways)

Reviewed 11 April 2018

We flew ANA to Bangkok not really knowing much more than that their price and itinerary best met our needs. Having flown on many airlines throughout the world, we've come to expect the trip to be something we have to endure in order to get to where we're going. What an incredible and wonderful surprise we had. The flight became part of the joy of the trip. Spending 20+ hours in a flying metal tube can be pretty daunting, but ANA took the daunt out of it. The food was "really" good, better than many highly rated restaurants, and it kept coming. The in-flight entertainment options were shown on a high quality screen in front of each seat, and the choices of classic and recently released movies could have kept you watching from take off to landing. And, there was actually enough leg room to lean back and sleep without feeling as though your knees were around your neck. The crew was right there when something was needed, and unfailingly attentive. One crew member, having apparently noticed that my wife had a bit of a cold, met us as we were deplaning and handed my wife an unopened box of tissues. We have flown to and from Southeast Asia on several different airlines, some passable and some barely so. Should I ever again have the opportunity to travel to that part of the world, I would not for a moment consider any airline other than ANA.

1  Thank Larry S
Write a ReviewReviews (7,122)

Reviewed 11 April 2018

It's a very good airline with a great safety record. It's efficient, it's prices are very reasonable and the cabin crew is very attentive.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

Outstanding service, always there when you need something, Very clean, and, new Planes.plus 100 more great things which I can recall. Very nice accomodation, flight is on time, nice lay-over airport, et...etc...

Reviewed 11 April 2018

For most of the last three years, I have been based in Luang Prabang, Laos, returning to my primary residence here in the U.S. for a couple of months each year. For the most part, my annual long-haul trips (to/from Bangkok) have been with ANA - and on which airline I give myself the comfort and luxury of flying Business Class. I find no fault whatsoever with this airline...from the lounges, to boarding, to the cabin crew: always so attentive, caring, thoughtful and relentless in their work...to the most comfortable seating, excellent menu and beverage selection. Departure and arrival times always on time.
I will be returning to Laos in early May and am looking forward, most sincerely, to being back on board my ANA flights (JFK-Tokyo-BKK) at that time.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

For the last few years I've thought the food was excellent but the seating just good but 2017 on the 777 both the food and seating was great. Service is outstanding. I can not comment on economy class as I haven't personally flown economy in the last few years but I've heard second hand that it is also very good.