“Horror”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My recent ordeal with American Airlines, on May 21st, 2024, flying to the Dominican Republic, felt like déjà vu from a nightmare I thought I'd left behind. Once again, a 6-hour delay left me stranded, missing connections and reliving the frustration of past experiences. It's astonishing that after enduring the same ordeal in 2006, the airline hasn't improved. Meanwhile, as Delta passengers were efficiently accommodated, American Airlines continued its legacy of incompetence. If you enjoy repeating history and enduring needless stress, fly American Airlines. Otherwise, explore more reliable options.

• Seat comfort
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank agassi a

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I fly multiple times every month and have used all the major airlines. This is the worst airline experience I've ever had. Every employee I interacted with was rude and they messed up my TSA pre-check, so I had to stand in the security line twice. When I asked the airline if they could fix the problem, they acted like it was my fault even though I had entered my number correctly and I've never had a problem like this with any other airline. I ended up having to stay on hold on the phone for hours because the people at the airport wouldn't help and I still didn't get the problem resolved. I will be avoiding this airline like the plague from now on. Awful!

1  Thank Scenic34884655979
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you are frequent traveler avoid American airline with all cost! They will screw you over and can’t do anything about it !

I had smallest issue and they couldn’t help change my flight . Not just that , their supervisor and the regressive are super rude.

Mind you, I am very frequent traveler and I use them all the time with clean record yet they found a way to scree me over .

Don’t do it .

1  Thank Usman B
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I took an early flight to get home for a personal matter. My day started with sitting on a plane for two and a half hours+ for "maintenance", then I missed my connecting flight. They scheduled me for 6 hours later and I am currently sitting on that plane. We are having yet another "maintenance" stoppage. Been sitting here for am hour and I'll likely miss my next flight, which was created by their unavailability to go straight to the original destination. While I'm writing this review, they just said they're having a legal issue with the pilots on boards flight time and they had to use different crew and fill put paperwork.

I genuinely think Spirit airlines is considerably more competent. I wouldn't use this airline again if it was free.

I travel constantly and I have never once had an absolute disaster of an experience like this through 100's of flights.

Uodate: I'll be missing another connecting flight.

1  Thank Race S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Horrible service. Attendants were disrespectful and rude to passengers. We travel a lot and have never experienced anything like it. Two of the attendants were terse, rude, disrespectful in their actions and words. We will avoid American Airlines at all costs moving forward. Many passengers around us were upset as well.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank trish k
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.