“Connecting Flight”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 20 August 2021

The flight was good from Boston to Phoenix but our connection to Fresno was delayed. Ugh. I have had good luck with them in the past but….

1  Thank William L

Reviewed 20 August 2021

Employee named Ellary at the check in counter told us that we required a negative covid test to board despite being vaccinated. We proceeded to sprint to a rapid test center and paid $330 for a negative test. After we arrived back at the check in counter 4 minutes before missing our flight and we were told that we after all did not need the test due to us being vaccinated. Now I am out $330 and nearly missed a 10 day trip due to Ellary.

1  Thank DeclanHilt
Reviewed 20 August 2021

Due to previous expensive airplane tickets, my wife and I went to both Mexico and Hawaii with American Airlines, on our Mexico flight, there were 18DELAYS!!! we ended up staying the night in the Airport due to there only being 4-5 hours before the morning flight, we were given no hotel discounts or some kind of discount on the food.

On our recent Hawaii return flight, they made a mistake with our luggage and I had to correct it myself as they were too inept and lazy even though they made the mistake. we were on a 6.5 hour of flight with nothing to eat BUT A SINGLE COOKIE, they only came through once with water/pop I notified the staff if I could get more water, and the whole time they were very annoyed. This is very basic stuff especially, in a customer service role.

The "entertainment" is an app you personally download on your phone and if flying to Hawaii there are times the service gets disconnected, other airplanes I've been on had actual MEALS and screens on the back of every seat.

American Airlines FAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank JohnDoeRayme999
Reviewed 19 August 2021

Had to stay overnight for the second time in my second trip with American Airlines this year. Both times they blamed weather which is significant because it means they are not legally required to provide any sort of hotel accomodations or food vouchers. Both times I had to pay for expensive hotels and all food out of pocket. Even worse they don't try to work with you to get earlier standby flights because they don't care to take an extra minute to help stranded customers that are stranded because of the airlines own ineptitude. If you have any other option do not fly with them. I will gladly spend a few hundred more flying a different airline because you'll end up paying the same amount anyway for the hotels and food you have to buy when they inevitably cancel your flight or cause you to miss your connection. I would only recommend American Airlines to my worst enemy.

1  Thank jasonaZ3840VN
Reviewed 19 August 2021

It started off OK - only a 30 minute delay which they said we could make up in the air. We did - except that Chicago wouldn't let us land on schedule. So we circled for over and hour. When we were in need of fuel, they sent us to St. Louis. Once we landed, we sat at that airport (on the plane) for over four hours. NO food. Nothing to drink. We even ran out of toilet paper, but someone went into the St. Louis airport and got some for us. Once we were ready to take off, they gave us a 10 minute window to get seated and back on the tarmac. We missed the window and sat in the "penalty box" for another hour. Did I mention that I missed my connecting flight? A three hour flight ended up taking nearly 10 hours. Got into Chicago at 1am and my husband finally just drove down and picked me up instead of waiting TWO DAYS for the next connecting flight. Unbelievable. Drive if you can - or take another airline.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Kim C
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.