“Outraged”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 7 May 2021

First I would like to say that I booked a flight and the plane was delayed. We boarded the plane and sat on the runway for over an hour before they announced that the flight had been cancelled due to weather. We didn’t get another flight out until the next evening at 5pm. We was traveling to Florida for our son’s wedding but with the cancelled flight it caused us to miss the wedding. We had to find a hotel for the night and AA wouldn’t even accommodate us for that, After we finally got our flight on that Saturday evening, when we got our luggage it was totally destroyed. I have contacted AA and sent pictures of my luggage and the representative says she will send me a letter to drop off my luggage so they can clean it. They are not taking in consideration that I live 140 miles from the nearest airport. I will not never fly with AA ever again. They do not consider their customers

Date of travel: April 2021
2  Thank 676ellar

Reviewed 7 May 2021 via mobile

This was hands down the worst experience I’ve ever had on a flight! First, they weren’t even attempting to socially distance people. We were crammed in like sardines despite a pandemic going on. When I asked one flight attendant if the plane had been sanitized he chuckled and said “we aren’t doing that anymore.” This was a desperation flight because the Delta flight I was on was diverted here due to a suspicious package at the airport we were supposed to land at. All the way to Hawaii and back on Delta and they were taking great precautions to keep the spread of Covid-19 down and just be clean. They had sanitized every flight and were keeping people somewhat apart. So the American Airlines was a shock right off the bat.
Then Cynthia the flight attendant was checking through people’s seatbelts and tray tables, etc. before take off. I was sitting in an exit row and I had a small plastic bag with a turkey sandwich I planned to eat. Instead of just telling me to move it she chose to BERATE me and scream at me for about 5 minutes in front of the whole plane about how I was putting everyone’s life in danger by blocking the exit if the plane went down (again I was about to eat the sandwich.) She screamed at me about her family wanting her to come home safe and if there was a crash I would endanger her and all the other passengers (again it was a turkey sandwich.) She screamed at me not to get attitude with her (I didn’t say one thing to her-literally not one word) because we would do things her way or no way. After this verbal assault that left me and several of the passengers around me (as they would tell me later) very disturbed she walks away. THEN she comes back and screams at me again that her name was Cynthia and I could complain about her if I wanted and her supervisor would back her up because it is a safety issue. Again, a turkey sandwich here. It was awful! I literally went into a panic attack because being screamed at and humiliated like that triggered me. The final insult was when she came around with her cart she didn’t even offer me anything. The people next to me were served but when I asked for some water she completely ignored me.
I have no idea what was going on with her and neither did some of the other passengers. Three of them gave me their contact information if I need a verification of the incident and one said he videoed it but I told him I didn’t need it.
After that flight I sent a complaint to AA and I got a quick response with a half hearted apology, like it was a minor issue. I don’t know if that is because they didn’t care or what but the Tracy the customer service person was obviously not concerned at all. She just said something about employee personnel files were confidential but I never asked to see anyone’s personnel file. I asked to be contacted on a follow up. The response was ridiculous.
Do yourself a favor and fly ANY other airline when booking a trip. AA used to be a great airline but the conditions of the plane, no concern for stopping the spread of Covid-19, and the behavior of these employees tell a much different story now. Needless to say I am done with AA.

Date of travel: March 2021
1  Thank 600jacquieh
Reviewed 7 May 2021

Bad customer service, bad treatment to clients while asking questions after unboarded the plane with no explanation of what to do. Supervisor rolled eyes constantly while being asked questions. This is a big airline, cant you select better your staff? It’s not enough to say things in english and spanish YOU GOTTA HAVE THE WILL TO SERVE TO BE IN THIS BUSINESS. Totally and completely dissatisfied and disappointed. I will try not to fly here again.

2  Thank cinthyacampos5
Reviewed 7 May 2021

Waited over four hours for call. Never got one. Attempted to adjust reservation but online didn’t work. Options to fly others will be reviewed. Perhaps another pays the price to have reliable customer service.

2  Thank Concernedvisit
Reviewed 7 May 2021

A month after I reserved my tickets, AA emailed me updated itineraries that are significantly worse. I now have a flight leaving at 6:45am (instead of 9:45 as scheduled) and a 5-hour layover in Chicago. No communication other than the changes. No way to adjust the times. I'm just stuck flying on whatever planes they assign me, apparently?

2  Thank jreiser2014
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.