“COVID-19 Unsafe”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve flown other airlines during the pandemic but this is my first on American. I experienced lack of effort to limit numbers on the aircraft. I feel like they could limit it a little. But the flight was almost completely full. There were no wipes passed out while we boarded or other safety gestures. The worst of all, passengers with masks below their noses were not told by attendants to pull up their masks. I witnessed that I wasn’t the only passenger to attempt to draw an attendant’s attention to this issue. However, we were literally waved off by the attendant and told she was getting to it. Finally another attendant “got to it,” after we had been sitting by this couple for over 20 minutes on the tarmac. She never checked back to see if they were compliant, which they were not. Irresponsible amd lazy come to mind. If there’s one useful thing they could do, it would be to enforce something so simple. Shall I do that as a customer? That’s really not cool.

2  Thank BSach72
Write a reviewReviews (71,525)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was bumped up to first class so I was deprived of observing the boarding process and experiencing the main cabin. Of course, the seats were comfortable and there was plenty of legroom. There was no entertainment provided except the airline's app on your own device. There was no food or drink service. The 1 hour flight arrived on time. COVID-19: The crew wore masks and all passengers were expected to wear masks throughout the flight.

Date of travel: August 2020
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank ransom007
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The flight attendant was disappointedly rude. My husband was looking for another mask in his bag because the one he had on was falling down. He never refused to wear one. The flight attendant stood over him while he was looking for another one telling him he would be removed from the plane & put on the no fly list in a tone that made everyone around us feel like the flight attendant was looking forward a fight. Aren’t these attendants supposed to be in customer service? They obviously need training in how to be nice & civil. American Airlines should be absolutely ashamed they let their employees treat customers, who pay high fees their services, to act in such a disrespectful manner. These people are drunk are on their new found power & it’s disgusting. Never again will we fly AA.

1  Thank Bb1244
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Because my flight was delayed 2 1/2 hours I missed my return flight home and no one would help me get a returning flight because I had booked it with another airline so I ended up paying 570 to get home all American Airlines fault do not ever want to fly again because of how I was treated

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank O4747MAangelab
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Flight delayed nearly 5 hours. Due to snow but there is no snow. No explanation. No lunch or snacks or anything offered. No apology.

Never again.

1  Thank WastedDays
US$USD
New Zealand
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.