“My trip”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

I fly American Airlines a lot and each time they are friendly and accommodating. The price is middle of the road but the service and destinations make up for it.

Date of travel: February 2020
1  Thank rlp911

Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

Took my first flight on American and was impressed. I usually fly another major US carrier however for this specific trip I had to fly American. First thing I noticed that was the leg room. I was super impressed by the amount of legroom I had as I am quite tall to be a girl. The seats was the next thing I notice. They were more comfortable than the other carrier I usually use. Drink and snack service was as normal and the flight attendants were nice. Overall I was impressed with American and am open to fly with them in the future.

1  Thank MullinsW
Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

This trip and experience at DFW was one of the worst imaginable provided by American Airlines. I can understand now why this airline has such a poor overall rating.
We got involved with a weather hold and missed our connecting flight. Hey it happens and I wasn’t upset by the delay, yet.
We and our dog interacted with the ticket agent and discovered two flights were available. One in the morning and one late afternoon both the next day. We made an informed decision through the information that the agent gave us, and selected the morning flight. We spent the night in the airport figuring it wouldn’t have been worth the rush and time involved staying in a hotel.
The next morning we boarded a 757-200 and went to our seats. Not at the bulkheads as we were accustomed to but the very back of this plane 36E seat. There was no safe position on this craft to place the service dog and we would have had to place the dog in the center aisle since leg room placement of the dog was not possible.
I wonder what would have happened if we had refused to leave the aircraft and or demanded our luggage be removed since this arrangement was unsafe to both us and the stewarding crew agreed with us also. The only safe thing for us was to leave the craft of our own volition since the dog could not be safely accommodated on this 757-200 aircraft. (The bulkhead seating was also part of the emergency egress windows and can’t place a dog there, obviously.) the only other location would have been at our feet and the seats were to crammed together to fit the dog between our knees and the seat back in front of us and we were placed at the very back seating positions of this plane.
Thing is the afternoon flight we finally took beat the morning flight to Buffalo since the morning 757 flight got into a weather hold in Philadelphia So we did end up beating our luggage to Buffalo.
Short and to the point it will be a very long time before I use the DFW as a travel hub they of the most incompetent personnel imaginable and definitely do not know the operations of the airport I ran into so many problems there. Avoid American Airlines in DFW if you can and save yourself from the aggravations

3  Thank Mark C
Reviewed 12 February 2020

I recently flew on four American Airlines flights and two of them were over 90 minutes late with the same lame excuses (plane is still in hanger).

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
3  Thank udel001
Reviewed 12 February 2020

I booked a 1-way flight for my husband dated for 2/7/2020 under his account on 2/4/2020, coming from Chicago IL to Raleigh/Durham. The flight time was around 2pm & landing was around 5pm 2/7/2020. The cost of the flight was for $154.40 including taxes. No email was sent to my husband’s account for the flight & we didn’t notice it till the day of his flight. After my husband gets to the airport & he was advised that flights are booked for that day & he didn’t have a ticket. I checked my husband’s online account for his ticket for that day & surprisingly there was nothing for a flight that day. I know I booked his flight b/c after entering in the voucher it advised to me that the cost was $0.00. I called AA & talked to 3 different customer service reps & a manager. The manager stated that the flight was booked on 2/4/2020 around 3:45pm, it wasn’t ticketed & then it was canceled around 4:09pm. I advised that I didn’t cancel the booking & I wanted to know who canceled it. The manager advised she didn’t know but it was canceled under the account. I was then transferred to someone in the AA.com department & that person in AA.com department advised that they didn’t have any information on that flight I was referring to. I was then transferred to a manager with AA.com & he explained what happened & that it was never confirmed. I had to book my husband a later flight for that day for the 6:49pm & that ticket costs me $348.40. I used both my vouchers for his flight. I want my voucher for the remaining $215.54. Someone in your company made a mistake & they didn’t ticket my husband for his flight. If the booking wasn’t confirmed (when I was under his account) then why didn’t we get an email advising that the ticket or booking wasn’t confirmed?? Original record locator is ARCZNI.

AA didn't advised to us that the booking want ticketed & they canceled are booking without us knowing. This is very unprofessional as a company. After speaking to someone is the corporate office, she advised that we canceled the ticket. I advised to her that we was advised the booking wasn't ticketed so how can we cancel it. She advised someone under my husband's account canceled the ticket. Someone with this company canceled my booking & the ticket was never confirmed. All of these complaints that I hear about AA are true. I see why they are the worst ever!

Date of travel: February 2020
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank iamthequeenally
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.