“Late 50%”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 12 February 2020

I recently flew on four American Airlines flights and two of them were over 90 minutes late with the same lame excuses (plane is still in hanger).

Date of travel: January 2020
3  Thank udel001

Reviewed 12 February 2020

I booked a 1-way flight for my husband dated for 2/7/2020 under his account on 2/4/2020, coming from Chicago IL to Raleigh/Durham. The flight time was around 2pm & landing was around 5pm 2/7/2020. The cost of the flight was for $154.40 including taxes. No email was sent to my husband’s account for the flight & we didn’t notice it till the day of his flight. After my husband gets to the airport & he was advised that flights are booked for that day & he didn’t have a ticket. I checked my husband’s online account for his ticket for that day & surprisingly there was nothing for a flight that day. I know I booked his flight b/c after entering in the voucher it advised to me that the cost was $0.00. I called AA & talked to 3 different customer service reps & a manager. The manager stated that the flight was booked on 2/4/2020 around 3:45pm, it wasn’t ticketed & then it was canceled around 4:09pm. I advised that I didn’t cancel the booking & I wanted to know who canceled it. The manager advised she didn’t know but it was canceled under the account. I was then transferred to someone in the AA.com department & that person in AA.com department advised that they didn’t have any information on that flight I was referring to. I was then transferred to a manager with AA.com & he explained what happened & that it was never confirmed. I had to book my husband a later flight for that day for the 6:49pm & that ticket costs me $348.40. I used both my vouchers for his flight. I want my voucher for the remaining $215.54. Someone in your company made a mistake & they didn’t ticket my husband for his flight. If the booking wasn’t confirmed (when I was under his account) then why didn’t we get an email advising that the ticket or booking wasn’t confirmed?? Original record locator is ARCZNI.

AA didn't advised to us that the booking want ticketed & they canceled are booking without us knowing. This is very unprofessional as a company. After speaking to someone is the corporate office, she advised that we canceled the ticket. I advised to her that we was advised the booking wasn't ticketed so how can we cancel it. She advised someone under my husband's account canceled the ticket. Someone with this company canceled my booking & the ticket was never confirmed. All of these complaints that I hear about AA are true. I see why they are the worst ever!

Date of travel: February 2020
1  Thank iamthequeenally
Reviewed 12 February 2020

I have flown from Boston to Guatemala every month for the last 6 years; 100% of the time I fly American Airlines.

Date of travel: February 2020
1  Thank Mynor V
Reviewed 12 February 2020

When the alarm at the American Airlines Boston gate went off indicating that the carry on allowance had been reached on the full flight, I asked if I could gate check my bag and pick it up in Miami, as I was continuing on to Chile on an overnight International flight and had many items I needed. The blond, female gate attendant looked at me and said loudly and spitefully: "YOU CAN LEAVE YOUR BAG RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW, OR YOU CAN GET OFF THIS FLIGHT RIGHT NOW AND GO HOME." I couldn't believe what I had just heard from the gate attendant. I was so flustered I couldn’t even get any words out. I had no choice but to quietly leave my bag, and continue down the jetway, with no luggage – with 18 hours of travel ahead of me without ANYTHING that I planned to have with me - extra clothing, food, and allergy medications. There was NO opportunity given by American Airlines for me to step aside to retrieve items from my carry-on luggage. The directive was to immediately leave my bag or risk not being allowed on my flight. It was dehumanizing, degrading, vindictive and just plain CRUEL! SHAME on YOU AMERICAN AIRLINES for allowing for this culture of dehumanizing, degrading, vindictive, and CRUEL treatment of your passengers by your employees! I will NEVER fly on American Airlines again. Ironically – the flight to Miami had several open seats in the vicinity where I was sitting, and the two overhead bins closest to my seat were completely empty.

Date of travel: December 2019
4  Thank tagrover
Reviewed 12 February 2020

All 4 legs were on-time departing and arriving and our bags followed us. But, none of the agents/attendants seemed to be enjoying their jobs or cared that we were present. And all the begging to try to sell common services is really annoying.

Date of travel: January 2020
1  Thank Barry M
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.