“Good FREE Flights!”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 10 December 2019

I have a friend/college that moved down to North Fort Myers. This year was her 60th birthday. I am an AAdvantage Card holder and I had accumulated enough points for a round trip flight. Somehow I was able to keep things on the down-low and was able to surprise her for her birthday in October. The flight down was one stop to Charlotte and the flight back was one stop into Pittsburgh or Philly (can't remember which). Both flights were uneventful (just the way I like them) and service was very good.

Date of travel: October 2019
1  Thank Benjamin M

Reviewed 10 December 2019

Many of the American check in kiosks were not working in Miami. Passengers were very frustrated and waiting in long lines to do the self check. At least 2/3 of the check in counters were for priority, and it was very empty, The economy area is poorly staffed with long lines. American's system is simply not efficient. The people movers at MIA are broken and the bathrooms are disgusting, so the walk to the gate was long, and I felt like I needed a shower after using the bathroom. Also, at ATL American is located in a really remote location (we initially missed it). It is difficult to find and far away from ground transportation which, again, was frustrating. The flight attendants were fine, and the flights were on time, but we would never fly American again. We are used to Delta, and even though American's flights were cheaper, the poor experience was not worth it.

Date of travel: December 2019
1  Thank lltCharleston_Sc
Reviewed 10 December 2019

The actual flight was fine. The flights were both overbooked. Flying out, we were rudely informed that 20 people needed to change their flight or we weren't going anywhere for a while?? Return flight, they needed 5 people to move.
How do the airlines stay in business?? We also had delays of 40 minutes both flights.

Date of travel: November 2019
1  Thank eyrichf
Reviewed 10 December 2019 via mobile

In the past two years I have flown AA about 6 times and 3 of the 6 have incurred mechanical issues that delayed my flight a minimum of 2 hours and some a full day. Saturday my flight from SMF to Phoenix was delayed for Medical emergency and then mechanical issues so I missed my connection to DEN. They did do a good job of caring for me overnight in Phoenix but the next morning my flight was delayed because of mechanical issues. I was suppose to arrive in Denver at 11:30 and got there at 2:15 instead. The trip usually taking 6 hours for me took 26 hours. I missed my Sunday commitments as I am a pastor so being available on Sundays is a big deal.

Date of travel: December 2019
1  Thank davep981
Reviewed 10 December 2019

Great flight, with wonderful crew and comfortable seating. I found that the basic economy seating was suitable for our needs, and that the extra fees normally charged for advance seating were not valuable.
I would by this ticket again.

Date of travel: September 2019
2  Thank Paul L
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.