“AA moved me to an earlier flight, which was helpful”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 16 April 2019

Got to the airport and AA was able to put me on an earlier flight, but only because the door was still open. It was helpful because my original flight was already delayed, which made my connection very tight. I wish I was able to get on an earlier flight for the last leg, but that was far from reality. In fact, my last leg was delayed, which made an already long layover (4.5 hours) even longer :-( Overall, the experience was okay. It is almost what you would expect when traveling. It is a pain for sure though.

• Check-in and boarding

Reviewed 16 April 2019

The flight was overbooked but, with perservance I was able to make the flight. I kept reminding the staff that I was waiting to be called up & I needed to make that flight to make my other connection.

Date of travel: February 2019
1  Thank Rose W
Reviewed 16 April 2019 via mobile

My boyfriend got confused and the email American Airlines sent him saved our day, the flight and our vacation time! We are lucky everything was ready for us to travel. The suitcase was easily handled and the personnel was very kind! In San Juan International airport Gates A and B are together and having Dutty Free at the beginning right after TSA it’s great and a smaller on by the gates! The change of gates and the delay were both announced by email and this really helped! Parking is great and renting a car very easy!

Reviewed 16 April 2019

After sitting on the tarmac for an hour, we were told that the place had mechanical problems which required that the flight be delayed until the next day. We exited the plan at beginning at 11:30 at night, we stood in line for two hours to receive not a re-booking (We were given a card to call because this airport wasn't licensed to re-book) but a food and hotel voucher. All 238 people received the same vouchers, yet we all had to stand in line and wait our turn at the front desk! What would have been efficient would have been to simply hand us the necessary paper work and send us on our way. Seniors in wheel chairs, folks with limited funds, and single parents with young children waited in line until 1:30 am when (at their own expense) they were transported to a resort - where (wait for it) we stood outdoors in line for another two hours while two desk clerks required credit card deposits from us! At 3:45am, we walked to our room location in the wind and rain. At 7:00 am we began receiving mixed messages from AA.com - in total 17 messages were texted with flight times constantly changing from 9:00 am to 11:00 to 1:00; to 3:00, to 4:00, to 6:00. and finally to 5:00. In addition there were gates changes. We inquired whether there would be food available for purchase on the place and were told, "yes," with assurance. Once on the plane, the pilot announced that we would need to remain on the runway while he and the crew finished necessary paperwork. Only when air born were we informed that with apologies there was no food other than snack available on this 6 hour flight because the plane had not originated in Phoenix but, instead, had been brought in from Honolulu. Apparently Honolulu has no food. The inefficiency and inconsistency of the messaging was the most frustrating and unprofessional aspect of this experience. We were left with only one thought in mind: Never Again!!

• Check-in and boarding
2  Thank DaleNewJersey
Reviewed 16 April 2019

Attendants very friendly and helpful. On board entertainment good. Unfortunately the oven did not work correctly and food was scorched/some not edible.

1  Thank Don H
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.