“Fine, not great”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 16 April 2019

American, like other airlines, have started to charge for everything from a checked bag to some food options. I opted to upgrade to better seats and it was moderate, not too crazy. All in all, a typical airline experience- all on time and got us there.

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding

Reviewed 16 April 2019

As normal the flight was overbooked so they made a great offer at the gate, $500 voucher if you take a later flight, we couldn't but several did, so it was a full plane. The flight was delayed for 35 minutes due to the late arrival of a crew member, both annoying and concerning as we had a limited time to catch the next flight (we just made it to the gate as they called our priority group).
Food/drinks were adequate but that isn't why we fly!

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 16 April 2019 via mobile

I have recently experienced a transatlantic flight with this company as a BA code share and unless forced to will never travel with them again. It was a night flight, very shortly after take off drinks were served at the same time as a meal and then within 15 minutes further drinks were served and then no cabin service until 1 hour before landing. Appalling to sag the least. Now I know this was a night flight and the service level is reduced, but many passengers were awake and offered nothing, nor advised where to get any water from.
My table tray was filthy and covered in the last occupants food remains, I asked the steward if he could clean it prior to having the meal he was about to serve, he was very rude, asked me what meal I wanted and the begrudgingly cleaned the table. Just prior to landing my youngest son was unwell and was being sick, the stewardess just looked and walked on buy without asking if okay or offering more sick bags.. It was down to other passengers to help and find the odd bag after checking various seat backs for them. Considering the in-flight programme at the start says they pride themselves in customer service, this team aboard were certainly the exception. Not helpful and almost treated the passengers as a hindrance.
If I could give a zero rating I would, BA need to review the code share because the service with BA on the outbound flight was exceptional and AA has really brought them down.

4  Thank buckyCumbria
Reviewed 16 April 2019

I tried to book over the phone and it kept saying book online so after waiting as long as I could I did. I have booked online before so okay no big deal. I booked a month out and on my date to fly they say no you booked to arrive in LA at 12:44 pm and return flight at 1:20 pm the same date. Unless I was a drug courier i don't think that makes sense. I had confirmed as i was going through the process and I think their system must have glitched. Any way, I say okay, just change it to what you have today. Only one flight and it is full the other was cancelled (no doubt due to corporate greed). So Customer relations tell me we can get you on a flight with another airline but i have to pay the same price I did for this round trip AND BECAUSE I BOOKED ONLINE I get no refund. I said that's ridiculous and i would arrange my own flight out. I do that with wonderful UNITED AIRLINES who bent over backward to help then though I better check on the return flight with AA. Good thing, they cancelled it and STILL were going to gouge me for the nonrefundable fee. I was ultimately able to get the return flight back but after asking customer relations (email- you can't speak to a person) at least three times back and forth over four days for a corporate contact i was told, sorry it happened, we love you yada yada. NEVER FLY AMERICAN AGAIN. If you have to book with them DO IT BY PHONE or in person!

1  Thank Cpc02019
Reviewed 16 April 2019 via mobile

Super inconvenient and virtually no directions on how to get there. Also, NO handicapped access to the bus at Gate 52. The American airline step there told me I would have to go to Terminal 4 and get a bus. Well that doesn’t help much when you are already in Terminal 5.

Major inconvenience and extremely difficult to figure out. Avoid at all costs!!

If you get stuck you better get to the airport early because they don’t warn you anywhere your flight leaves from a remote terminal al and the only way to get there is by bus.

• Value for money
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.