“The worst customer relations in the world.”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 16 April 2019

I tried to book over the phone and it kept saying book online so after waiting as long as I could I did. I have booked online before so okay no big deal. I booked a month out and on my date to fly they say no you booked to arrive in LA at 12:44 pm and return flight at 1:20 pm the same date. Unless I was a drug courier i don't think that makes sense. I had confirmed as i was going through the process and I think their system must have glitched. Any way, I say okay, just change it to what you have today. Only one flight and it is full the other was cancelled (no doubt due to corporate greed). So Customer relations tell me we can get you on a flight with another airline but i have to pay the same price I did for this round trip AND BECAUSE I BOOKED ONLINE I get no refund. I said that's ridiculous and i would arrange my own flight out. I do that with wonderful UNITED AIRLINES who bent over backward to help then though I better check on the return flight with AA. Good thing, they cancelled it and STILL were going to gouge me for the nonrefundable fee. I was ultimately able to get the return flight back but after asking customer relations (email- you can't speak to a person) at least three times back and forth over four days for a corporate contact i was told, sorry it happened, we love you yada yada. NEVER FLY AMERICAN AGAIN. If you have to book with them DO IT BY PHONE or in person!

1  Thank Cpc02019

Reviewed 16 April 2019 via mobile

Super inconvenient and virtually no directions on how to get there. Also, NO handicapped access to the bus at Gate 52. The American airline step there told me I would have to go to Terminal 4 and get a bus. Well that doesn’t help much when you are already in Terminal 5.

Major inconvenience and extremely difficult to figure out. Avoid at all costs!!

If you get stuck you better get to the airport early because they don’t warn you anywhere your flight leaves from a remote terminal al and the only way to get there is by bus.

Reviewed 16 April 2019

This was an American Airlines flight from Orlando to Lax, i booked with BA and had a superb flight from London to Orlando with my 11 year old daughter , we were transferring to LA for my 50th birthday and was told they couldn’t allocate seats but would do this at the gate, I was lied to by the check in staff advising my flight was fine in First when I got to the gate it was checked again and I was told our seats were fine. Finally at boarding my daughter and I were left with no information while the plane boarded to be allocated seats at the very back of the plane, when I complained I was told take It or leave it, my bags would go and we would be separated from them and there was no compensation and we would be left in the airport with no accommodation. Check in staff were rude and offensive, and they took money for a business flight and only offered economy seating. I read many of these complaints and it’s difficult to filter out genuine from the normal complaints. I do not normally bother but in this case the situation was so horrific I have decided to raise it with the American civil aviation authority, American Airlines and BA. In addition to the fraudulent behaviour discrimination on American Airlines was apparent with upgrades given to other citizens and babies put in first class seats then downgrading paying passengers with no compensation.

Also as a safety risk they fly peoples bags without the passenger being present , in our world of terroism isn’t this a massive security risk

Never fly America Airlines would be my recommendation. Or prepare yourself for abuse and mis treatment

• Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
1  Thank Sbt1450
Reviewed 16 April 2019

The flight to Cancun was great and the airline employee's were very professional. They answer every question we had about the seat and the food and were very polite. It was nice to see airline people enjoying their job.

Reviewed 15 April 2019 via mobile

Cancelled our early morning connecting flight and rebooked for the following night - 34 hour delay with NO refund, NO recourse, NO hotel, no nothing - no apology. We quit flying AA a few years ago and sadly thought we would try again. They truly don’t care about their passengers or their reputation.

4  Thank rree
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.