“Separate seats”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We purchased our trip in advance but my husband and I were put in different seats. We tried early check in but only the seats with extra pay were awailable. So, we went into the airport and checked in. Got different seats both going and coming back.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (50,047)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Round trip in their business class seats. Great comfort, good food and extremely great service. The entire crew made me feel at home and I was treated with utmost respect as a passenger should feel in first class. I have a slight disability and the gate agents were si accommodating. Much improved from a rather "not so pleasant" experience from a year ago.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Thank goodness the flight was a short one because the seats in economy were very tight and there was no leg room! Didn't realize they hasd made these seats narrower and cut the original leg room! This is not acceptable, since these flights are not cheap!! Will rethink using this airline in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

ATL to DFW to PVR. Was not a nonstop. My husband was parking the car while I was checking in and because I had to check my bag and his, I was charged an additional $45 instead of $25 (if he had been standing beside me). So $25 for my bag, $45 for his for a total of $70. Should have been $50. American pretty much nickles and dimes you for everything. We had to pay $100 to select our seats!!!!! Seriously. Then they damaged by bag and I had to drive it back to the airport for them to send it off to be repaired. The lady who handled the process was about as unfriendly as they come. Not a pleasant experience. I will avoid American in the future. Hard to believe I used to work for this company!

Date of travel: October 2018
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

American Airlines is a DISASTER! Let’s review:

1) Plane delayed 30 minutes from OKC to Dallas.
2) Plane delayed 20 minutes after landing in Dallas.
3) Arrive 2 minutes late to catch our 2nd AA flight...with 10 other people from our first AA flight!
4) AA didn’t wait for us 10 to catch 2nd flight and even LEFT THE GATE ~7 minutes before scheduled. We know because we watched the plane back out.
5) Lost $600 in travel costs and 30 hours of my life.
6) This airline is by far the worst, from an organizational standpoint. It’s apparent from every aspect of the way their organization is run.