“Service was good, but food was mediocre”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was upgraded to business class on my flight from Lihue to Los Angeles, since this was not a 'large' plane, business class was just a typical recline large seat.
Service was very good, but for dining option, the only available choice was some kind of ramen food. the salads and desert were good but the ramen was just mediocre.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (46,641)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just poor standard for business class. Food was not good; in fact it wasn't at all appetising. I'll stick with BA in future - the service and food is of a much superior quality. All in all, a disappointing experience

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Expected a little better from American Airlines - my choice of airline during my business travel years. I've heard it said that flying is just not the same anymore - now I believe it.

We paid extra to get preferred seating, thinking we would be in the main cabin with extra leg room. Turns out our seats were regular economy seats. I'm still not sure for what we paid extra. Maybe it's because it was a small aircraft, but we had almost no leg room, the seats were too narrow for the average human and they had little cushion comfort. The plane wasn't exactly the cleanest I've been in. And the attendants weren't the friendliest I've ever encountered.

That said, we did get from Point A to Point B and back again - but there was little else to be pleased about. I used to insist on flying American Airlines whenever possible - but I think I'll try one of the smaller alternative airlines in the future - maybe they try harder.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Did the pre-registration, then pre boarding....which I had to enter to same information over again. They request that you get to airport 2 1/2 to 3 hours before flight, and guess what. The counters wasn't open yet, security wasn't open yet, but passengers are to be there? For what? Went thru security which there was a mix up down from us and moved 2 of us (I told them we all three was together). Nope our third person got spied back so they could take care of the ones that hadn't done what they was suppose to do. Once again. Another delay. Got on plane, and guess what, something wrong, another hour delay, arrive finally in Miami, had to run thru airport to get to next flight, but the wasn't going to wait on us....but since there was something wrong with with lights, we had another hour delay. Finally get to Costa Rica late, missed our transportation, so had to wait for next bus because American Airlines couldn't get their crap together.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

even though we flew coach to Rome , we were very happy with American Airlines. they couldn't have been nicer >