“Never on time and lost my luggage”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Flew round trip to London. To flight was OK. I was told I could not carry my cpap medical device onboard unless I checked my purse of medicine caddy, but it got there and only one hose was missing, rendering it useless for the length of my trip.
Flight back was not plesant. Once again had to repack to put my cpap in a checked bag. Flight sat at gate 1 hour and 20 minutes after boarding (not AA's fault) and was delayed on takeoff 20 more minutes. Those things happen. Got to DFW 2 hours late, flight to Tulsa was cancelled,,,but not until 1AM...spent night in terminal due to weather. Not AA's fault, except for the late termination. When I got on a plane after noon the next day, we waited an hour for an AA flight crew to arrive in DFW because they needed to be in Tulsa to meet a flight later. Then my luggage (and my cpap) stayed in Dallas for reasons known but to luggage people. they were really nice to talk to, but it was midnight the next day before I got my luggage. I will NOT fly AA again if I can help it. This from an old woman whose first AA flight was on a DC4 in sometime in the late 1940's early 1050'S.

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (46,851)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I really despise this airline. The seats were uncomfortable. And I would only say the service was good because we made it to the island and back safely. Otherwise, if possible, I will not fly with American again.

I cannot stand the superiority placement for certain passengers and the ridiculous rules for carry on luggage. I had two carry on bags and my purse, which I had taken out of my backpack to pay for items at the PHX airport. I then could not get back on a plane until that purse (which is very small by way) was placed back inside my backpack. I was forced to go aside and fix this so-called "problem" before I could board the plane. I don't appreciate being treated like a child and I will not stand for it.

I hope this airline loses business for their flights to Hawaii once Southwest moves in. Because I will be taking SWA to Hawaii from now on. I am a frequent flyer to the islands of Hawaii, so American made a HUGE mistake with me.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good flight - a bit bumpy - attendant were friendly and food as good - so glad we got 1st class foe the long flight - seats fold flat for sleeping - good selection of movies

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our flight was delayed 7 hours. There had been a brief thunderstorm that grounded flights for about an hour. They kept telling us departing in 1/2 hour, then one more hour, then another hour. After 7 hours of this the pilot had timed out and another was not available. Now 11:00pm, no hotel offered, no meal voucher. Their best offer was to get me out the following evening. Meanwhile many flights were taking off, but none were left by the time they stranded us. Avoid American, avoid DFW. The smaller Dallas Love airport is much nicer and is home to airlines that take better care of you - Alaska and Southwest.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It was like travelling back in time and flying on a plane in the early 90s. There were no screens at your seat so if you wanted to watch a film you could only watch the one film on a tiny screen in the aisle. Obviously picture was very poor and at one point the film stopped playing but the audio continued for about 30 minutes. This was at the end of the film. So they decided to play the entire film again. They are constantly trying to up sell you anything/everything. Took an age to get our bags back on both journeys. And the seats were so uncomfortable. Never again!