“An Attitude Runs Through It”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 23 September 2018

The seats were a tight fit for most...Aisle is so narrow you will hit someone on the way to the bathroom and/or on the way in and out of the plane. The crew didn't seem to be happy campers - and as with other airlines, they talk so fast when reviewing the safety rules that you really can't tell what they are saying....I was on two planes Seattle to O'hare and O'hare to Jacksonville - on one, the plane's engine droned out the safety message. In Chicago my group made it to the right Gate, were advised to go to another Gate and then were sent right back to the first Gate ---Scary...if they can be so disorganized on the ground, hope they are better in the sky!! Personnel did not seem interested in being kind to customers...inclined to do what they wanted to, not want you asked for - i.e. I ask for headphones and was smirked at, as if didn't I know that was over - no, I didn't. I got them, but after beverages, thankyouverymuch. It is the little things in life, that count!!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (48,669)

Reviewed 23 September 2018

This was our return flight from Europe-- we flew into Europe on British Airways and AA is one of their travel partners so we came back on AA. No major issues with the flight. The British Airways flight heading out just felt better overall. The AA food wasn't as good as the BA flight (only options were chicken pot pie and pasta with no meat-- and for snack they offered chocolate ice cream only that had icicles in it). There was so much more variety on the BA flight when we flew out. Also, while AA had the TV screens in the back of the seats, the touch screen was VERY unresponsive and you had to attempt to press your options multiple times before it worked if it worked at all. This was an issue with all of the screens as my family and I discussed it when we landed. There was also a very loud stewardess- laughing loudly, talking to customers loudly (not in a bad way-- she was making jokes, etc). I originally thought it was a traveler and then realized it was a crew member. Just never had to deal with an extra loud attendant that half the plan could hear, but maybe that was her style of customer service. It didn't work for me.

Overall, I would travel on AA again if I got a good deal-- nothing was bad enough to not use them again. It was overall a good experience, but not when compared to the outgoing flight with British Airways.

On a positive note, they DID have what appeared to be leather/pleather seats and the plane appeared to be new/clean. They also gave passengers the entire can of soda as the flight was not full....

Reviewed 23 September 2018

During this trip, I "enjoyed" American Airlines quite a lot. First from San Francisco to Los Angeles, after from Los Angeles to Washington DC, and finally from Washington DC to Dallas Fort Worth. The longest flight was from Washington to Dallas. As I mentioned in my previous review, American Airlines are improving. During the trip and at the Airports in the business class lounges as well. Of course, flying on cattle class is never a pure pleasure, but compare to other airlines American is a good average already. The cabin crew is variable. On some flights, they're friendly and cheerful, while on the other one mean and bored. Asian Airlines should show them a good example. There were some food and drinks served, depending on the length of the travel. Mine only complain, that after two and three weeks, I still didn't get my Qatar frequent flyer (Q) points. It can be the fault of Qatar as well, but the Q points earned on a Qantas flight appeared a long time ago.
Still, I think flying in America the American Airlines are the best choice.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

Amazing experience! Liked the attitude of the flight attendants and the service of the airlines in terms of arrivals and departures, and since I had a layover at Chicago, it was fun to see the well decorated airpport.

I recommend American airlines for domestic travels!

Reviewed 23 September 2018

We flew from LAX to Tokyo in July via AA 787. It was a long flight, but made barrable by the fact that we flew premium economy on the way to Tokyo. We flew with our two children (10) & (14) and sat in the last row. I had some concern that the reclining room would be limited since the chairs backed up against the divider, but it did not seem to be an issue. The service and seats were excellent, very comfortable and we had a relaxing flight. In contrast we flew from Hong Kong to LAX on the way back same type of plane AA 787 and sat basic economy. It was the most uncomfortable miserable flight I have ever been on. The seat were smashed together, people were smashed together, and there was no aisle room to walk when a dining cart was in the aisle. It is terrible what they have done to international economy flight seats. The government really needs to step in and regulate it, not only is it uncomfortable, but seems like it could be safety issue if a problem were to arise.

1  Thank Mark K