“Smooth trip both directions, funny flight crew on return trip with great customer service!”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 23 September 2018

We had a smooth round trip flight to/from CUN on American. We left on time (always SO happy when this occurs)!. We paid extra for seating closer to the front of the plane/on the aisles and we recommend this for quick exit upon arrival. On the trip back, we had the funniest flight crew and the flight attendant worked to move seating to maximize everyone's comfort as there was some extra space - Thanks!

• Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (48,804)

Reviewed 23 September 2018

My boyfriend can not walk through large airports, big box stores, and such. The best he does is from car to chair. I was really worried on how we would make our flight and changeover for our recent trip. 48 hours before our flight I looked at American's web page and followed the instructions on reserving wheelchair assistance. The lady was so positive we would have no problems, but I was skeptical. WOW what a surprise I had. We were met at each stop and taken right to the planes door. The airline desk people at the gate even provided a seat closer to the entrance so walking would be limited. I can not say enough great things about all the people who took such care. It meant the world to us and our entire vacation was better for it. Thank you American. Keep the good service coming.

Date of travel: April 2018
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

I’m am blown away by he disgusting customer service by American Airlines supervisor . She actually hung up on my face after American Airlines made me wait 45 minutes on hold . I booked a round trip flight to Miami and because of a funeral had to leave a day later so I booked another one way ticket . I called to cancel the ticket for the first leg and they told me “oh it’s already canceled including your return and you lost your money ! After explaining to her what had happened and seemingly getting upset she just hung up the phone on me .
The worst part is when this happens there is no one that will do anything o correct this disgusting service !!

Will never fly American Airlines ever again.

1  Thank Samuel D
Reviewed 23 September 2018

The flight was uneventful just the way we like it. No hassles was able to change my seat from a middle to an aisle without any issues. Attendants were very accommodating and friendly. Airline is very attentive to passengers needs. We had an issue on the return trip due to problems with a battery and they right away made arrangements for you to book you on an alternative flight and also given me bonus points for the inconvenience. You can never go wrong with American Airlines.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

Flew from Prague to Philadelphia on a relatively new 767; amazed how poorly designed their fully-flat bed seats and surrounding area could be. Every time you put your elbow on the console you turned something on or off unintentionally. No divided between the 2 middle seats. And no way to control a bit of air to your seat. Was hot the entire flight.

Food was mediocre. When did pasta ever count as a "pay big money" business class meal?

At least there was plenty of overhead bin space, and the flight attendants were decent (but still had an attitude).

Definitely NOT up to international standards. I will fly international carriers in the future when flying outside the USA.