“Good overnight flight to Europ”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The 777 with a long bed is comfy even for someone who is 6’2”. The staff was attentive, meals were tasty and the flight was pretty painless.

Write a ReviewReviews (46,813)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

American Airlines needs to get back to the basics of customer service. I booked a flight to depart Seattle at 8 am. I received a text at 4 am the day of my flight to notify me that my flight had been "delayed" and that my new flight wouldn't depart until after noon. To make matters worse just because I had a TINY carry on suitcase and backpack, they wouldn't let me on the flight until I put my 3"x8" crossbody purse into my backpack. As if I couldn't just take it back out as soon as I boarded the flight. Yet somehow this seemed important enough to stop me for as I was about to board. Lastly none of the seats come with electrical outlets. This is something I became accustomed to with Alaska. Overall not an airline I'd choose again given the price isn't all that great.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was booked on a flight that was cancelled 24 hours before flight time due to “weather”. When I called the booking agent at AA she tried to put me on a flight that left 20 minutes before my original flight. When that connecting flight would not work I booked a late night direct flight. I went to check in and I was booked on a flight from DFW to Columbus Ohio in the morning and my flight to BWI at night.

I have been waiting to speak to an agent to straighten their mess out for 61 minutes. Wow this is not the American Airlines I am used to flying. Would have rated this experience a zero but was not given that option.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I purchased tickets to Iceland on American. Got a great deal in economy. The flight back to DFW was better than expected. The food was really quite good -- lunch and the snack. They even handed out frozen ice cream bars halfway back to DFW. The crew was friendly. We sat in main cabin extra seats which have more legroom. All in all I was quite impressed. We even had access to the Icelandair Saga business lounger flying out of Keflavik.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

At boarding time, AA announced a 10 hour delay in boarding. We had to exit and collect our luggage and check in later. Then after it was impossible to make alternate flight arrangements, they cancelled the flight completely. We paid for business class tickets and they booked us in coach across the Atlantic. To fix that, they put us on 3 flights instead of our planned non-stop. I found a route on my own with only one stop, but they threatened to charge me for the change! Ultimately they did not. Communication was terrible and they made many mistakes. AA does not care about their customers at all. We were treated like animals going to the slaughter.