“Good pilot”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 21 September 2018

Flight delayed from Manchester, boarded on time but paperwork discrepancy delayed us by 1 hour. On board service and meals ok. On arrival at PHL landing was aborted just seconds before touchdown due to what the pilot said was traffic on the runway. We then climbed and circled Philadelphia giving us great views of the city and landed safely. I don't know what the traffic on the runway was but I am thankful that the pilot made the right decision and got us down safely.aa

Write a ReviewReviews (48,107)

Reviewed 21 September 2018

I was originally traveling with British airways but they cancelled the flight due to global issues mandating examining their fleet for problems with plane engines. They didn’t have the curtsy to call but sent an email I discovered in my junk mail box by accident. I called as instructed and talked to a rude attendant who advised I may keep my travel date and fly on a different BA flight share-coded with American Airlines. I asked her three times and she assured me it was BA flag plane, just the flight code was American. I called the next day to make sure and was told the flight was actually on an American Airlines plane. I objected due to prior bad experience with AA and requested to change flights but was told I would have to pay a change fee because I accepted their assigned flight. It didn’t matter they gave me wrong information based on which I agreed. After checking in at the airport I was pleasantly surprised by AA nice lounge at LAX. They called the flight and they started boarding people, then suddenly stopped and asked people who boarded to get off, passengers were in the dark for half an hour then they advised to return to the lounge and they will notify us later of the status. Two hours later they announced they will have to bring a different plane because the windshield on the first one was cracked. Five and half hours later we took off. The seat was comfortable and their Bose headphones really cancelled the noise. However, the food was terrible. I ordered breaded prawns and sent it back after one bite. It was like biting cardboard with no taste. The salad was worse, little bites of undistinguished origins. Even the appetizer was bad, elongated yellow sticks of something very hard to cut through. I complained and the flight attendant said “well the food has been sitting for six hours” ! She told me make sure you complain about it. The delay caused me to miss my connection from London and I was transferred to Lufthansa, which was even a worse experience.

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

The flight to Chicago was excellent and the staff were brilliant. We had endless food and I actually enjoyed my on flight meal which was mushroom pasta, then came the ice cream and finally burger sliders an hour or so before landing! The flight from Chicago to Miami wasn’t as great but it was a smaller plane. The flight back from Miami to Heathrow wasn’t so great as the staff were not as friendly and wasn’t as forth coming with the drinks if you had a cup of tea you couldn’t have a soft drink as well. We sat waiting on the tarmac on two occasions one due to a storm which is fine as I’d rather be safe and the second delay was due to the toilets not flushing which took nearly two hours to fix! I do love British airways/ American airways so I’d definitely use them as my preferred airline.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

We were delayed for over 5 hours while the plane was having maintenance done. American airlines did give us a 100.00 voucher to use within the next year, but only after we complained.

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

We flew back from Madrid to Miami on American Airlines.
The flight was a delight. Flight attendants were friendly,the food was great,flavorful,they even had chocolate ice cream.
Also great selection of movies.
Overall a great experience.