“Very average”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We didn't choose this airline, it was the only option we had when our United airline flight was delayed. The trip was ok with a stop in DC, when we boarded they took our carry on and from the window we watched how our bags were thrown and mishandled by the staff, if I have options , would never fly with them again.

Write a ReviewReviews (46,726)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm spoiled. AA usually gets me a biz class seat. None available this time so I rode in the back. As a businessman its pretty awful (if I were family together etc. might work.) I measured. I had three inches from my knees to seatback of seat in front of me. The attendants were nice, polite and did their job well. The plane, a 767, was tired and dated. No power plugs or usb ports at seats, no seat screens, just old fashioned one screen showing a movie designed to offend no one. The so-called internet entertainment failed miserably AFTER I paid a fee to get on. Food was junk, eat first.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

American Airlines have better accommodation than its competitors but are inconsistent and integrity needs improving. I loved that veterans are treated well with this airline....sometimes. This courtesy received as a veterans makes this airline my preferred choice but when approched by a rude customer service rep at the gate and denied entry because I did not have an active duty id card. Also, If I have TSA privilege...I'm expecting it to be on my ticket and was told by an American Airline rep that it would be. I was lied to and I think it would have been safe to say I'm unsure if TSA will be on the ticket.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Travelling back to UK on AA after a very good flight with BA to the USA The service on Both airlines was very good but oh dear the difference in food was amazing. The .AA food was inedible probably the worst food I,ve had with any airline, they boast on the back of its menu that a famous chef has was responsible for the offerings. I suggest she tries it herself or takes her name off the menu. Shame really the flight was good and the staff were very helpful.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We are from the UK and as part of our holiday we flew to Chicago for a week and then back to New York, checked in online, baggage collection and boarding were well organised and efficient, both flights were on time.