“First time flyer in 25 years”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 22 August 2018

Drove from Greenville SC to Charlotte to fly Sioux Falls via Chicago (O’Hare) .Check in was relatively quick with pleasant ticket agents. They were helpful with our first - time - in - a - while scenario. Gate was located in an on-going revamping of the airport,( ceiling tiles missing, wires hanging from ceiling, but did not hinder the American Airlines experience. The jet was a smaller Airbus style to Chicago, VERY small twin-engine (1x2)(145?) to Sioux Falls. A little larger twin engine (2x2) back to Chicago, and a very nice updated 737 + from Chicago to Charlotte.
The flight up was fine with no issues; smooth landing in Chicago, a little rough landing in Sioux Falls. Smooth trips on the way back, with exception of the 45 minute circling over Charlotte due do T-storms(not airlines fault) ,smooth landing here also.
Overall , the personnel we encountered with American Airlines were professional and did their jobs well.
A special shout out to Cindi, I think that was her name, in Sioux Falls. Ticket agent AND gate attendant. At first she was a bit on the stern side when we were checking in and our checked bag was 7 pounds over weight. We worked it out with her help, then when boarding, we found she did have a great sense of humor when directing people to board.
I would consider American Airlines for future trips as my airline. In this very complicated world we live in, with customer service lacking in almost industries these days, I was pleased with what my wife and I experienced.
Thank You American Airlines and Cindi!

Write a ReviewReviews (46,707)

Reviewed 22 August 2018

Boarding was delayed by half an hour with no explanations, no apologies or smiles to re-assure customers. Unfriendly staff, was not impressed, but memorable for all the wrong reasons. Would think twice before flying with this airline again, I have to say. What happened to them..very sad !

• Seat comfort
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 22 August 2018

The flight went Ohare for the first stop. Need I say more. Then from Ohare to Reno. Same route back. Harrisburg Int Airport is a great , comfortable airport. I normally fly to Detroit which is also a great, comfortable airport but this flight had to go to Ohare which is not a great but is an uncomfortable airport. The flight went perfectly . The stewards and stewardesses were professional. The pilots were excellent.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

I have flown with American Airlines on numerous occasions. I have found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful. They are constantly looking after your every needs. You are fed 3 times and also they come round with the drinks trolley frequently. This is based on my flights with them and I have not had a bad flight with them yet.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service (e.g. attitude, care, helpfulness)
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

We bought airline tickets with American Airlines non stop roundtrip O'Hare to Orlando International I must say surprisingly American Airlines took care of my kids and the pre-boarding it both airports course the only problem is you fly economy the seats are too darn small and uncomfortable.
The people in the car counter a very nice and professional. The flight attendants are mean giving you the feel that they do not want to be on that flight want you to sit there military style don't move don't say nothing get your drink and prezels and just get out of here. Against the ticket agents ramp agents very nice and professional flight attendants I need to work on your attitude and manners. Oh by the way we were on time arriving and departing both flights.