“Really Easy & Comfortable Especially Plane from Charlotte to Albany”
Review of American Airlines

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised by bothe the comfort of this trip and the staff on the 2d plane were so incredibly friendly considerate and generous (we got extra bottles of vodka). She accidentally spilled some drink on my husbands hat so not only didn’t charge for the drinks but gave us a few more bottles as an extra perk! This trip had a lot of leg room and seemed significantly more comfortable than our trip in the spring flying Alaska Airlines. We thought American just had more comfortable seats. It wasn’t a Boeing plane as American is more into the airbus.

Date of travel: August 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (48,861)

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Was able to check-in online 24hrs before flight, thus avoiding standing in line at the airport. Used the AA app to keep track of my checked baggage. All AA personnel encountered were pleasant and friendly. No unusual or difficult situations came up. Was just as one hopes travel by jet should be.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Flight was scheduled to take off at 8:23 am. After boarding the plane and sitting at the gate for 45 minutes. we were told to deplane because of a problem with the fuel pump. The flight was delayed until 2:30 pm, then 5 pm, then 7 pm, and then cancelled altogether. Fortunately for my wife and I, we got fed up after the 7 pm delay and rebooked on another flight. We would have done this much earlier in this very long day had American had the foresight to understand the nature of the repair and cancelled the flight earlier--or at least been honest about a reasonable departure time. In the end, we spent the entire first day of our vacation sitting in the Buffalo airport. American has never even had the courtesy to apologize, much less compensate people for the loss of their time.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

this was my first time to fly in one year. The flight was great. flight attendants were great.
the room in the aircraft, B737-800 was better than i remember a year ago.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Both the flight to New York and the flight back to Charlotte were uneventful, quick, and relatively painless. On the way to New York, my wife and I had the window and center seat. Apparently a mom and her daughter had booked last minute and ended up across the aisle from us. We agreed to switch so my wife and I sat across the aisle.
The airline gave my wife and I each 1000 airline miles, which was unexpected but appreciated. There was ample overhead storage on the flight to New York, but on the return they were begging people to check their carry-ons for free. They also got very strict on measurements and someone who was less than half and inch too big in one direction was required to check their bag. Not sure why they ran out of space on that flight compared to the other, but be aware it can happen. Overall, two good direct flights.

Date of travel: June 2018