“A great flight and easy check-in and luggage tagging.”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 10 September 2019

Alaska Airlines had the best fare rates to the tiny airport at Kalispell, Montana. Their check-in was great and with your boarding pass, you can print your own luggage tag from home and they even give you a reusable plastic tag pouch to put it in, then you just need to take to counter and you're done. The snacks on the flight were not your usual pretzels (I don't like pretzels) but Pepperidge Farms Milano cookies.

Date of travel: June 2019
1  Thank Dara D

Reviewed 10 September 2019

Generally it is always an over night flight when I leave Alaska. This flight left at 7:46pm on the 8th and arrived Chicago at 4:51 am on the 9th. I had a layover and arrived my destination of Huntsville, AL at 10:12 am. Easy boarding and no delays. Plus extra leg room seating and comfortable seat (extra purchase) made the trip seamless.

2  Thank Nancy N
Reviewed 10 September 2019

Alaska is usually always on time But they seem to change gate a lot. larger planes are great but the smaller ones used for short flights are not that comfortable. Friendly host/hostesses.

2  Thank Debbie D
Reviewed 10 September 2019 via mobile

As a US Veteran, I try not to “take advantage” of the kindnesses of people. However, disrespect of a US Service Member is quite unacceptable.
We had an issue on a car rental return, and there was no person to check our car in at the stand.
The delay dominoed into our check in.
We finally showed up to check in 28 minutes before our flight. As we got there, quite literally jogging up to the counter, we waited in line for the only person at the check in to finish the customer in front of us. We had a connecting flight in Seattle, shortly after landing.
Handing over our tickets, we asked to check a bag, and was told that we missed the flight.
I smiled, thinking the representative was joking. He said I would have to book another flight that was scheduled to leave in several hours. I began to wonder if he was serious. His response was something to the effect of “Quite Serious, “Soldier.”
Not one to be easily offended by terms or even tones, I responded by saying- politely- that the plane was (literally) in site just behind him, and that it was only a 60 second walk, so I should have time to spare. I even smiled to let him know I know how to hustle.
His look said it all. He wasn’t joking at all, as he joyfully said, “Nope! Missed it by 8 minutes.”
I was incredulous. I begged him to reconsider, explaining that I had to make the connecting flight. My young Son, who was with me, began to cry. The representative said he was “locked out” and could not check me in. He added that my bag was too big, and that it couldn’t be brought on board.
Frustrated, I explained that I could LITERALLY see the plane. And could walk to it in seconds.
He wasn’t backing down. And the worst part was that he enjoyed it - or at least appeared to. He seemed to enjoy the power trip. It was the worst display of disrespect to a US Army Soldier, that I have ever seen. We went back and forth. I asked him What my options were. He said wait around for several hours for another flight to Seattle.
I spent the next 20 minutes - quite literally until the plane pulled away from the gate, asking for a supervisor, begging, urging the attendant to let us through.
By the time the supervisor was there, the plane was gone. My son was terrified that we were stuck and began to cry.
I became angry.
The supervisor came, and was unable to do anything, saying her only option to remedy the situation was to sell me another plane ticket. She informed me that my seat on the connecting flight had just been sold to a stand-by.
The original representative smiled at me, seeing my frustration.
I ended up buying another 2 tickets on another airplane, with another company, who took good care of me.
Alaska Airlines disrespected me, and Did not make ANY ATTEMPT TO MAKE IT RIGHT. I cannot come to any other conclusion, than it was because I was a soldier.
I will GLADLY pay more money to another airline, just to be near someone who honors the Troop.

Finally, I will NEVER fly Alaskan Airlines again.

Date of travel: March 2019
3  Thank kaneadkins
Reviewed 10 September 2019

Opted for the red-eye from LAX back to FLL expecting nothing more than a pillow, fun snacks and a comfy seat in which to dose off. What I was told by the stewardess was that they no longer offer pillows (nor a second blanket to roll into one), the snacks are so so, and that the first class space was tightened up to stuff in a few extra rows. Now the conversation of the twosomes in front and behind you are crystal clear, the seats only partially recline and have no extended foot rest. Neither do they have entertainment in the seat (they do offer an iPad with some channels and woefully old movies). All in all, it might be the best Alaska Air offers, but it might be worth changing your schedule to go on another carrier. I'd much prefer Jet Blue Mint, for example.

3  Thank Peter B
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.