“An airline that actually treats people somewhat right”
Review of Alaska Airlines

Reviewed 3 May 2018

Long known for their generous offers of decent beers and wine as well as an assortment of snacks, I learned that they have a maximum 20 minute time for checked baggage pickup OR they will credit miles to your account if longer. Additionally, the baggage that was turned over to them when boarding was quickly available on each of the 4 flights we took.
I was also able to get good seats when checking in prior to the flight without having to pay exorbitant fees.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)
Write a ReviewReviews (9,069)

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Excellent customer service from every person I met or talked to! My favorite airline! I definitely will fly again and highly recommended for anyone who loves excellent customer service

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We were travelling with a 3 year old and a 7 month old who was on his first flight ever. We were scheduled to fly from vancouver to houston with a 2 hr layover in seattle.. Leaving at 10am and arriving in Houston at about 6pm local time. We boarded the plane in vancouver but was told that the plane could not fly to seattle due to air traffic control issues. They kicked all the people off the plane after we got on and waited for an hour on the plane. We had to reboard our plane and carry our stroller, 2 car seats, and carry on luggage back and forth to the same plane which we had to walk outside the gate to get to. By the time our plane flew we missed our connecting flight by an hour in seattle. As we went to customer service to arrange for a new flight in seattle, we were told that the only flight available was a 10pm red eye flight arriving in houston at 4 am houston time. This was a 10 hour delay... No compensation or consideration was given to us for flying with 2 young kids. My wife had to hold a crying and overly tired baby for almost 4 hours on the plane. I would not recommend anyone to fly with alaskan airlines! Just a horrible experience!

Reviewed 2 May 2018

The flight was on time, the crew was awesome. My son was able to go to the cork pit and meet the crew. Very smooth flight.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

To be fair the food was above average, but Alaska's motto displayed on every attendant's name tag "committed to kindness" may be altruistic, but in reality, Alaska would do far better by their customers by actually training their FAs to serve their customers.

Case in point were Jessica and Grayson that responded to my request for assistance by holding up their index finger and saying "please wait a minute." Not only did I wait more than a minute, they NEVER responded, inexcusable.

By contrast, Candice was stellar. Very responsive, cheery and highly professional.

As always my friends I view my responsibility when reviewing to be umpire-esque. That is to say, I strive to "call 'em like I see 'em." The call on Alaskan is they are in dire need of ditching their superfluous, west coast inspired motto and implement a sound customer service culture, the hallmark of all great companies.

• Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and Boarding (e.g. efficiency, service at gate)