“Extremely disappointing ”
Review of Air Tahiti Nui

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

After working very hard to make and save the money for a business class ticket to end our vacation in Tahiti, we flew home on this airline. Fortunately, the flight arrived in LAX without incident so I am grateful for the pilot and airplane maintenance and mechanics.

However, there ends my satisfaction! Gratefully we have flown business class to many parts of the world. This was by far the worst!

The seats were not clean and the turquoise fabric looked cheap and wrinkled. The flight attendants were NOT friendly and welcoming at all. Their uniforms were ill fitting and cheap looking. The food was less than mediocre. The seats for sleeping (it was a night flight) did not go flat and were very uncomfortable. The TV screen was too far away to be enjoyed. Even the “business class” little travel kits/bags were substandard and poorly supplied.

Grateful we landed safely but will NEVER FLY this airline again. Very sad and a waste of money...!

1  Thank gemlac1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,001)

Reviewed 24 April 2018

i fly approx 150 225 flights a year for the last 25 years
i never been treated bad like this
walking in on the plane
and standing still 5 10 seconds to see how bizniz seats looked in the door between economy and bizniz then i was forced away by the lady like i was a kid and disturbing but no one was there passing or so
i was just observing for future travels but will never ever use this self good peoples airline
so i looked at her at laughed after that it all started go like

the dude drove the trolley straight in to my leg at first service and by the way
the food was miserable cold bread
tasteless
lucky i brought some protein bars
half way i got the big tahitian stewards elbow really hard right in my forehead half sleeping he said quiet sorry smiling and left got a big bruise in my head hahaha he won what could i do in the plane outside i would have reacted very different

last time he passed big hit from his hips when i was sleeping then i roared highly and after that the mobbing was ove

Rude service during flight as well

talking to us in french every time and i said none here speaks french on our row

and if you fly look how the transport the food without any covers in the

comedy airline this

1  Thank swedechef99
Reviewed 19 April 2018

Recently flew LAX to PPT. Read that business seats probably not worth the extra expense, so booked premium coach and pleasantly surprised. Did book a round trip ticket for LESS than the one way flight I needed. Food very good. Fell asleep and woke for breakfast before landing. Not nearly the dreaded experience I was prepared for. Saved the extra money by flying coach and used it for my overwater bungalow on Moora for 6 days.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

All our bookings through the southern hemisphere were with Qantas and our flight was given as QF3815, but at the QF desk we were told it was a Tahiti Nui flight and we had to check in with them. Check-in was OK and we headed to the QF lounge - the good old code sharing situation. Did some shopping and headed to our gate for boarding, but no people, gate crew etc. Found a flight board which came up with a delay and gate change! In the end we took off 21/2 hours behind schedule and it was only when we boarded the captain announced 2 planes had broken down and they had to wait for our plane to arrive from Japan! So all this was known to Tahiti Nui but zero information or updates! Comfortable seating with good leg room. No menu or info for dinner - a tray was put in front of us with saucisson, cheese, desert, and salad, accompanied by some good bread and wine. After eating this the attendant came back and ask if we wanted chicken or lamb for the main course! I was full so just had coffee and more wine. Good flight, but arrived in Papeete at 1.30am! Immigration was super fast and our bags came out almost immediately. A small duty free in the baggage hall - very convenient. I've had worse flights I must admit, but it was all the delays with no info that got me. Have to fly out on Tahiti Nui to LA to connect with a AA flight - wonder if we'll miss our connection?

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Boarding in LAX was a cluster. We stood in front of the 6x10 "advertisements" for Eco class and were first in line thinking they would "part" the seas and let you through when it was time to board, they didn't. They also announce that American Airlines is a partner so I went to the desk to see if I could earn "partner" miles but was met with a rude "They don't". No matter, not going to let them ruin my vacation high. Our flight had up to date movie selections (Oscar contenders and winners). We were late taking off, like more than 30 minutes with no mention of why, then not-so-great smelling passengers arrived, perhaps they were transfers from Paris, but again we were not informed. Finally I know we're going to very warm climates, however they have the air on blast and it gets incredibly cold. I was wrapped up with a hoodie, long pants, socks and the blanket and still froze. Maybe turn on the heat over the Pacific Ocean, just a suggestion.

1  Thank grapeeape