“Star Alliance partner not good”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 8 April 2024

Air NZ used a Star Alliance partner, we were very frustrated to have booked seats prior, to find out that Air NZ put us in different seats. We couldn't understand the person on the intercom. Disappointing.

Date of travel: February 2024

Reviewed 5 April 2024

We upgraded to the works package for movies and food. When the food was brought to us we were told there was only one option left as they did not have any of the popular ones left. We were at the back of the plane literally. I asked if you need to.book in the front seats to get a choice and told yes usually. My daughter is diabetic so I asked if we could order food and had to wait till all food was served and drinks till the menu was available. They need to clarify this when you book to upgrade online. Definitely poor supply stock levels and the flight attendants have to apologize constantly for the miserable last food option that no one wants. To make it worse exactly the same thing happened on the flight home.

Date of travel: March 2024
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 5 April 2024

My first time flying in many years. As a plus size person I was extremely anxious about flying due to my size. The air new zealand staff in invercargill were amazing. Kind, understanding and discreet. Christchurch staff weren't as nice but still ok. Thankyou invercargill air new zealand staff for all of your help and reassurance.

Date of travel: April 2024
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 4 April 2024

I passed a note to the cabin crew requesting if they could announce happy birthday to my bf to make his birthday a little bit more special
The cabin crew did such an amazing job with that. Thank you so much!

Date of travel: April 2024
Reviewed 4 April 2024

Awful experience, Hokitika flight cancelled AirNZ offered a credit for that flight and in the process they cancelled and credited all flights. This was an unnecessary move from Airnz, I wanted to fly out from Christchurch so why cancel all my flights. Big mess and muck around. Unnecessary stress cause and Airnz need to start taking responsibility for their actions.
Do not recommend at all!!

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank Departure55194407415
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.