“Time wasters”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 4 April 2024

Awful experience, Hokitika flight cancelled AirNZ offered a credit for that flight and in the process they cancelled and credited all flights. This was an unnecessary move from Airnz, I wanted to fly out from Christchurch so why cancel all my flights. Big mess and muck around. Unnecessary stress cause and Airnz need to start taking responsibility for their actions.
Do not recommend at all!!

Date of travel: March 2024
1  Thank Departure55194407415

Reviewed 2 April 2024

I love flying with Air NZ and normally don't have any complaints about travel with them, however after my flight back from Hawaii last year was cancelled, I have spent nearly 6 months trying to get some compensation for the extra 3 nights my family (2 adults + 3 kids) had to spend in Hawaii before we could get another flight. The compensation amount is something ridiculous like $150/night but I've been pushing for it as Air NZ should assist when they cancelled the flight for no real reason. I'm sure most people would give up and maybe that's what Air NZ is hoping for. It has shown me another side to Air NZ which is not very nice - terrible customer service and empty promises (for the last 2 months my payment has been approved but pending payment). Sort it out Air NZ.

Date of travel: September 2023
1  Thank brittanyc937
Reviewed 1 April 2024

What a joke this Airline has become!!!
first of all i booked this flight back in November 2023 for the easter weekend break for a special trip away in celebrating the end of cancer treatment and also for being in remmission!!!
So the day before we leave we are told that we have a time change to our trip...
ok no problem.... well not the full story
we have also been taken off our flight on a code share with Air Calin and put on an air NZ flight .... but its been changed to the day before with no reason given
and was told if you dont take that flight you wouldnt be able to get another on until another four days!!!....
when we got to the airport in auckland i checked that are we coming home monday now or tuesday.... the desk said tuesday... but that wasnt the email that we recieved
i told them i had two emails one saying we were coming home on monday and another email that said we were coming home on tuesday!!!
are you confused like we are ... yes?
anyway we checked at the airport in noumea and the said the flight on air calin was still going ahead on tuesday but they couldnt see if we were on it because it was booked through airNz
anway we would love to know why we were changed without any reason what so ever
we will never use air Nz again
Also this flight NZ933 was such a full flight in the smallest international plane ive ever seen....
too many people with oversized onboard bags that there was not room for everones bags
the cabin crew were so over it all and couldnt be bothered with customers
the ran out of food choices and service was so slow that they just got the food out intime for an under 3 hr flight ....
there wasnt one thing about this trip with Air NZ that was good
Will never use them again

Date of travel: April 2024
2  Thank BACE10
Reviewed 1 April 2024

Did not deliver on what we had booked and paid for .
had 2 legs on way home from a holiday booked with Air NZ -
Booked , paid and was confirmed Business class on these 2 legs.
Day before due to fly , we received an email to say we had been downgraded to premium economy . Offering us compensation of $350 per passenger .. When overall difference of costs if we had booked premium economy initially would be closer to $2000 overall.
I sat on the phone to NZ call centre after receiving the email , instead of sitting by a pool enjoying my last day of holidays... came out with no resolution so just had to suck it up!
No reason could be given why we had been bumped.
So very disappointed in what should be a high standard airline.
Beware that what you think is all booked and paid is not always the case.
Now to try and get adequate compensation

Date of travel: March 2024
Reviewed 1 April 2024

Read this if you want and honest review or need some help deciding if you want to fly ANZ

I've seen so many bad reviews for my home countries airline. especially from aussies but its not actually as bad as other people think when they fly or read the reviews. its the best airline in my opinion.

food: of the many reviews i've read the food is brought up a lot. I've read that most of the flyers find that the food is either "disgusting" or "appalling" is the food. I think that the food on air new zealand isn't actually bad but it could use some improvement. the bread and little things like the cakes are quite good. other things like the chicken and veggies may look good but overall they're just mid. one of the other things I noticed is that nobody's mentioned getting free candy. I don't know if it's just the flights i've been on or everybody but every flight i've been on with ANZ offers free hard candy made by the airline.

Seats: another one of the things that are brought up a lot is the comfortability of the seats. on all of the ANZ flights i've been on the seat comfortability is better than you'd expect if you've read a lot of the reviews like me. one of the reviews that stuck out to me was "the seats in premium economy were hard and had not much cushioning which is simply not true. on my way back from australia we upgraded to premium economy and the seats were soft and had a lot of cushioning in them, especially in the head rests. while we were in economy from wellington to Brisbane on our way there the seats cushioning made the seats comfy and the seats weren't hard but also not soft. there was also plenty of legroom

customer service: some reviews say that the customer service was bad and some say it was good/okay. over the 20ish flight's with them i've flown since I was 2 the customer service was amazing 16/20ish times. the few bad experiences come from the gate agents and once from a male flight attendant. I don't think he was trying to be rude but I was trying my best to tell him which drink I wanted (I was 10) and he couldn't hear me so he kept asking me to speak up. in the end he sked my dad who was sitting next to me to answer for me so he could finish his drinks service

Date of travel: May 2023
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.