“Excellent service.”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 24 February 2024

Excellent service by Air New Zealand! Very polite and professional. My first ever solo trip from London to Wellington and made journey very pleasant indeed. Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend to friends :) Thank-you!

Reviewed 21 February 2024

Flight cancelled at last minute ,no explanation. Poor communication. Air N.Z. once was a great airline, in some ways they still are, but they dropped the ball & need to be called out. This behaviour was common in covid, by all airlines. I booked in April 2023, why did they wait until the departure date!. Why do all airlines assume everyone has a mobile phone or computer. I learned Air N.Z. had issues with there A 320 fleet, through the media, not the airline. Air N.Z. had my contact address , phone numbers & email address, They send a text to my Australian number when I am in N.Z. 2 days out there website showed only 20 vacant seats. My point is we were going to travel by car to Wellington ,we could have arrived at Wellington Airport, no plane. I am not complaining about the availability of aircraft, but the total lack of communication. Some clown puts me on a flight, Wellington to Auckland, China airlines Auckland >Brisbane, late evening, no trains running, taxi/uber $150 home .Finally got hold of someone at Air N.Z. I said just fly me to Auckland next day, put me on the 777 to Brisbane, which they did, no apology. However N.Z 145 was a great flight. People need to speak up, don't accept this B.S. wish Emirates were still flying AKL>BNE, worth the price. Covid has left airlines with poor staff, who have no skills, poorly trained in a hurry. They sacked all loyal staff, who are reluctant to return. No lessons learned from covid. Sadly this will be with us for many years to come, Qantas has become one of the worst airlines, they have major hurdles, getting rid of Alan Joyce has achieved nothing. The road back is long, as travel returns we deserve better. Happy safe travels everyone.

Date of travel: January 2024
Reviewed 20 February 2024

Terrible food, some grumpy staff (Gemma) more interested is being a star struck puppy with the chiefs on board than looking after most customers. Maybe if you’re a rugby player they care but otherwise service from some stall is a joke. I fly long haul flights each month and Air Nz is an airline which thinks they are great but are rubbish in comparison to airlines like Emirates and Singapore. On top of this they were an hour late on my trip in early Feb and again on a friends trip three weeks later. They aren’t the worst airline in the world but they aren’t much above the middle.

Reviewed 19 February 2024

Air New Zealand is the best airline! I flew from Auckland to Hobart, which took about three and a half hours, and it was a great experience. Everyone on board got a pair of earbuds, and a flight attendant even handed my family and me free headphones too. The seat was comfortable, and not only did we get free wifi but also an in-flight entertainment screen. The cabin crew was extremely nice. I would definitely recommend Air NZ.

Date of travel: December 2023
Reviewed 18 February 2024

We got a notification in the middle of the day saying our 9.30pm flight was delayed to 10.30pm. Once getting to the airport after checking in with bags etc, the flight was delayed another 15 minutes which we were not given an announcement about. At this new boarding time of 11.45pm we were told the flight was cancelled due to “staff sickness”. So they obviously knew the whole day that this flight wasn’t going to go ahead but decided to tell us once we had all gotten to the airport checked in and sat through all of the EXTRA delays. I normally only fly AirNZ but I have lost all respect in the business. A cancellation is a cancellation but I don’t think it is ok for the business to get away with treating their customers this poorly :(

Date of travel: February 2024
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.