“Not as good as they think or people say”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 20 February 2024

Terrible food, some grumpy staff (Gemma) more interested is being a star struck puppy with the chiefs on board than looking after most customers. Maybe if you’re a rugby player they care but otherwise service from some stall is a joke. I fly long haul flights each month and Air Nz is an airline which thinks they are great but are rubbish in comparison to airlines like Emirates and Singapore. On top of this they were an hour late on my trip in early Feb and again on a friends trip three weeks later. They aren’t the worst airline in the world but they aren’t much above the middle.

Date of travel: February 2024

Reviewed 19 February 2024

Air New Zealand is the best airline! I flew from Auckland to Hobart, which took about three and a half hours, and it was a great experience. Everyone on board got a pair of earbuds, and a flight attendant even handed my family and me free headphones too. The seat was comfortable, and not only did we get free wifi but also an in-flight entertainment screen. The cabin crew was extremely nice. I would definitely recommend Air NZ.

Date of travel: December 2023
Reviewed 18 February 2024

We got a notification in the middle of the day saying our 9.30pm flight was delayed to 10.30pm. Once getting to the airport after checking in with bags etc, the flight was delayed another 15 minutes which we were not given an announcement about. At this new boarding time of 11.45pm we were told the flight was cancelled due to “staff sickness”. So they obviously knew the whole day that this flight wasn’t going to go ahead but decided to tell us once we had all gotten to the airport checked in and sat through all of the EXTRA delays. I normally only fly AirNZ but I have lost all respect in the business. A cancellation is a cancellation but I don’t think it is ok for the business to get away with treating their customers this poorly :(

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 15 February 2024

AIR NZ Flight 273 Wellington to brisbane10thFebruary. Every staff member on this flight put in 100% effort to ensure your flight was enjoyable. I will be 90 later in the year and am on a walking frame and am really unsteady on my feet and I really appreciated the help given on getting to and from the toilet. I would recommend Air NZ to everyone. I was quite nervous coming over as I was travelling alone . I was asked if I would like to move up to the very front and nearest to the toilet ,tons of leg room and on the aisle which was much appreciated. I am looking forward to meeting this awesome crew again when I return home on the 24th

Date of travel: January 2024
Reviewed 10 February 2024

Our flight was cancelled due to 'operational problems' over a year ago. I am still trying to get a refund for part of our trip and air new zealand is not even responding to my emails. Shame on you! In 2012 you were the best air line for me now I will avoid you and can not recommend it at all as an airline.

Date of travel: December 2023
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.