“Most unreliable airline, lost all trust”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 18 February 2024

We got a notification in the middle of the day saying our 9.30pm flight was delayed to 10.30pm. Once getting to the airport after checking in with bags etc, the flight was delayed another 15 minutes which we were not given an announcement about. At this new boarding time of 11.45pm we were told the flight was cancelled due to “staff sickness”. So they obviously knew the whole day that this flight wasn’t going to go ahead but decided to tell us once we had all gotten to the airport checked in and sat through all of the EXTRA delays. I normally only fly AirNZ but I have lost all respect in the business. A cancellation is a cancellation but I don’t think it is ok for the business to get away with treating their customers this poorly :(

Date of travel: February 2024

Reviewed 15 February 2024

AIR NZ Flight 273 Wellington to brisbane10thFebruary. Every staff member on this flight put in 100% effort to ensure your flight was enjoyable. I will be 90 later in the year and am on a walking frame and am really unsteady on my feet and I really appreciated the help given on getting to and from the toilet. I would recommend Air NZ to everyone. I was quite nervous coming over as I was travelling alone . I was asked if I would like to move up to the very front and nearest to the toilet ,tons of leg room and on the aisle which was much appreciated. I am looking forward to meeting this awesome crew again when I return home on the 24th

Date of travel: January 2024
    • In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 10 February 2024

Our flight was cancelled due to 'operational problems' over a year ago. I am still trying to get a refund for part of our trip and air new zealand is not even responding to my emails. Shame on you! In 2012 you were the best air line for me now I will avoid you and can not recommend it at all as an airline.

Date of travel: December 2023
Reviewed 10 February 2024

I have had such a good time dealing with Air New Zealand, flying to Bangkok via Singapore with my paraylsed mate. Air New Zealand have been incredibly helpful, always responsonding to emails and calls. From check in to boarding they staff were exceptional and my mate was so well looked after. The business class experience blew me away - the delicious food, attentive staff, comfy flat bed with mattress. I have simply never had a flight as good as this. And will be forever appreciative of how well they looked after my mate. No small thing as he's tetraplegic. Won't forget this anytime soon.

Date of travel: February 2024
    • In-flight Entertainment
Reviewed 10 February 2024

Our new hard style suitcase had all 4 wheels broken off. When i approached the ground staff at the gate the response was they don't accept responsibility for the wheels. I weny to the baggage service desk, they looked at the bag and immediately exchanged it for a brand new one. The staff at the gate were rude and dismissive but the service desk was super nice and apologetic, which was a nice experience. I give my full compliments to to service desk staff.

Date of travel: January 2024
    • Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.