“Never flying with you again and will make sure to tell friends and family to fly with someone else”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 1 February 2024

Useless staff at domestic airport Auckland. P.A wasn’t working dad and I were waiting at the gate for our flight to board. Watched the screen. It didn’t say annything about boarding until it said depart. Didn’t hear a single p.a call for the flight. They reckon they tried to page us and we told them we didn’t hear any of them and we were right at the gate. Used to think they were good now I won’t fly again with air NZ. I’ve told my friends not to take air nz who planned to fly to nz and will continue to do so. Do better and stop blaming people for your bad communication. Can give you flight details so you can check the cameras to prove your useless p.a didn’t work.

Date of travel: February 2024

Reviewed 1 February 2024

Got on board, immediately not happy.
Dirty seat and floor, see photos. The seat smelt like someone had been sick. What the heck do the cleaners do on a turnaround? Certainly there was no evidence of a vacuum cleaner or wipes being part of the kit. Felt unhygienic. With health issues of this time, it’s truly a concern being faced with what I found today.
Now we have a flight with two chapters:
We had booked ‘The Works’ which entitled us access to the inflight entertainment but almost all viewing options were only available if you upgraded by spending another $10 on your card.
Talk about finding every way possible to dissatisfy your customers.
Turned out the issue was that our seats had not Ben correctly recorded as us having paid for ‘The Works’ when the cabin crew were delivering the meals she questioned why we were waiting for food and we had an embarrassment while we provided proof we were entitled.
This led to getting a meal and the resetting of the video and we then had access to the full movie range. Sadly due to the loss of one hour, I did not get to see the end of a good movie I ended selecting.

Air NZ need to remember that QF operates the same sectors, one charge, no mucking around - they sell a seat, a meal, a better luggage allowance plus movies - all with no fuss, and the costs are pretty much the same

It’s very disappointing, I’m a proud kiwi and Air NZ was the go to every time I flew, but no longer. very disappointing, I’m a proud kiwi and Air NZ was the go to every time I flew, but no longer a fan. I’ll need to have a very good reason to need to book trans Tasman on Air NZ again.

Date of travel: February 2024
Reviewed 31 January 2024

We booked for a skycouch during this trip 25 Dec 23, we were so excited but when we arrived at our seat, it was an ordinary economy. Asked the flight attendant, which she just plainly said that the plane got changed 2 days prior the flight date. She said that we should have received an email and refund, which we clearly didn't at that time. We just brushed it off to enjoy our trip. Fast forward, 12 Jan 2024, we arrived back to NZ and called the customer service, she told us that the refund is on its way and we should receive it by the 30th of Jan. Called again today 31 Jan, because we haven't received the refund yet and the agent told us to file just file a feedback form. This is just so absurd...we paid for a service we haven't availed in the first place and yet we are the ones chasing them for refund. I thought this airline is world class???

Reviewed 30 January 2024

Horrible service. the staff seem slightly raceisit to be honest, they are all aged and unable to do their job properly, i have been flying for the last 25 odd years, Airnz has to be the worst airline, i have been on in a while now.

Reviewed 29 January 2024

Great flight. The captain kept us informed when there were delays. The food was enjoyable (I know, amazing). The seats weren't fabulous but they were fine for a 3.5 hour flight. Staff were good, entertainment was good, wifi worked well. All in all no complaints.

• Check-in and boarding
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.