“Skycouch service paid for but not availed, until now chasing for refund”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 31 January 2024

We booked for a skycouch during this trip 25 Dec 23, we were so excited but when we arrived at our seat, it was an ordinary economy. Asked the flight attendant, which she just plainly said that the plane got changed 2 days prior the flight date. She said that we should have received an email and refund, which we clearly didn't at that time. We just brushed it off to enjoy our trip. Fast forward, 12 Jan 2024, we arrived back to NZ and called the customer service, she told us that the refund is on its way and we should receive it by the 30th of Jan. Called again today 31 Jan, because we haven't received the refund yet and the agent told us to file just file a feedback form. This is just so absurd...we paid for a service we haven't availed in the first place and yet we are the ones chasing them for refund. I thought this airline is world class???

Reviewed 30 January 2024

Horrible service. the staff seem slightly raceisit to be honest, they are all aged and unable to do their job properly, i have been flying for the last 25 odd years, Airnz has to be the worst airline, i have been on in a while now.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 29 January 2024

Great flight. The captain kept us informed when there were delays. The food was enjoyable (I know, amazing). The seats weren't fabulous but they were fine for a 3.5 hour flight. Staff were good, entertainment was good, wifi worked well. All in all no complaints.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 28 January 2024

Jackson made the trip an unforgettable experience. My wife and I were going to our honeymoon in New Zealand when we met Jackson. Now, how a human being can remain so polite and generous on a 14 hour flight is beyond me! He was genuinely interested in making our trip fun and enjoyed doing it. Before we left he dropped off a handwritten note from the crew. We will carry this in our travel box forever. Thank you Jackson for a wonderful experience!

Reviewed 27 January 2024

Was leaving Auckland to Sydney on NZ105 at 11.05am Jan 26th. Checked in and then delayed 1 hour. 5 min from boarding and delayed another 1 hour. 10 mins from boarding then cancelled. At this point a bit annoyed but s*** happens kinda attitude. For the next 3 hours the entire plane of people were sent around the airport like we were competing in the amazing race. Counter to counter, level to level. I won't go into details as this would become 2000 words long. But trust me when i say it was a nightmare and if someone told me that it was the staffs first day I would of believed them. They couldn't care less, no apologies and just a zero f***** attitude. Not one staff member took charge, they all kinda looked at each other dumbfounded. There's procedures for fires on planes, medical emergencies on planes but no procedure for a canceled flight. After pissing around at airport for 5 hours finally got to re book for next day same flight. Wake up and delayed 3 hours. Ring AirNZ and told it's cancelled even though it's delayed online. I was told, and I quote "I'm not 99.9% sure it's cancelled, I'm 100% sure it's cancelled". I said with all due respect I don't believe you, can you go and double check. He came back and said it's not cancelled....I cancelled and ended up flying with Qantas. That AirNZ flight was then delayed another 25 mins and then another 20mins. On flight AirNZ staff, amazing. AirNZ ground staff, horrific, incompetent and rude. If AirNZ read this please contact me.

Date of travel: January 2024
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.