“Worst flying experience in the last 20 years!!!”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 30 January 2024

Horrible service. the staff seem slightly raceisit to be honest, they are all aged and unable to do their job properly, i have been flying for the last 25 odd years, Airnz has to be the worst airline, i have been on in a while now.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding

Reviewed 29 January 2024

Great flight. The captain kept us informed when there were delays. The food was enjoyable (I know, amazing). The seats weren't fabulous but they were fine for a 3.5 hour flight. Staff were good, entertainment was good, wifi worked well. All in all no complaints.

• Seat comfort
    • Customer service
    • Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • In-flight Entertainment
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Reviewed 28 January 2024

Jackson made the trip an unforgettable experience. My wife and I were going to our honeymoon in New Zealand when we met Jackson. Now, how a human being can remain so polite and generous on a 14 hour flight is beyond me! He was genuinely interested in making our trip fun and enjoyed doing it. Before we left he dropped off a handwritten note from the crew. We will carry this in our travel box forever. Thank you Jackson for a wonderful experience!

Reviewed 27 January 2024

Was leaving Auckland to Sydney on NZ105 at 11.05am Jan 26th. Checked in and then delayed 1 hour. 5 min from boarding and delayed another 1 hour. 10 mins from boarding then cancelled. At this point a bit annoyed but s*** happens kinda attitude. For the next 3 hours the entire plane of people were sent around the airport like we were competing in the amazing race. Counter to counter, level to level. I won't go into details as this would become 2000 words long. But trust me when i say it was a nightmare and if someone told me that it was the staffs first day I would of believed them. They couldn't care less, no apologies and just a zero f***** attitude. Not one staff member took charge, they all kinda looked at each other dumbfounded. There's procedures for fires on planes, medical emergencies on planes but no procedure for a canceled flight. After pissing around at airport for 5 hours finally got to re book for next day same flight. Wake up and delayed 3 hours. Ring AirNZ and told it's cancelled even though it's delayed online. I was told, and I quote "I'm not 99.9% sure it's cancelled, I'm 100% sure it's cancelled". I said with all due respect I don't believe you, can you go and double check. He came back and said it's not cancelled....I cancelled and ended up flying with Qantas. That AirNZ flight was then delayed another 25 mins and then another 20mins. On flight AirNZ staff, amazing. AirNZ ground staff, horrific, incompetent and rude. If AirNZ read this please contact me.

Date of travel: January 2024
Reviewed 26 January 2024

I don’t normally rant online but from our experience with this Airline i am beyond disappointed.

After 8 years, my Family and I are finally spending our first Christmas and New Year back home in the Philippines together with my Infant.

But due to issues with my passport such as me needing to change my passport number on the booking due to marriage, I had to cancel our flight a week before our scheduled flight because Air New Zealand’s only option for me is to fly differently from my Family and that’s not what we want considering we are flying with an infant for the first time.

So, we cancelled and book to a different airline and had to pay double the air ticket price since it is 1 week before our planned date and it is Christmas time.

And since we cancelled our plane ticket we decided to get a refund. The lady who i’ve spoken to told me that i have to pay $600 total for 4 adults for the cancellation fee ($150 per person excluding infant) and refund will take 2 weeks max. So we agreed!

2 weeks had past but we did not receive a refund. I emailed them since calling is impossible. You had to wait for many hours just to talk to someone.

Luckily, they responded to my email saying that refund will take 6-8 weeks time. I told them that i won’t take it since i got told 2 weeks max for our refund to be process and they can check the call since it was recorded.

We exchanged email and asked them to please accelerate the process since they promised it will be 2 weeks.

We are not rich and we needed our money to fund us overseas.

Then they finally responded after 4 weeks saying to wait for another 10 working days for our refund.

And guess what? it is now over 3 weeks since their last email and we are now back to New Zealand not being able to make the most out our of long awaited holiday back home in the Philippines.

Thanks Air New Zealand for your very disappointing costumer service.

Still waiting for our refund to be refunded.

Date of travel: December 2023
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.