“Distress anguish , unhelpful staff at Hawke’s bay airport”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 12 January 2024

I saved up to see family in Napier. Great flight over. Went to go home checked in online. Got there 1 minute after it closed cost me $470 more to get home the next day. No help from Napier staff, rude unhelpful in front of my family. Plus the meal I had paid for never got transferred to my next flight.
The monopoly they have has not served them well. If I had a choice I’d go elsewhere. Really disappointed 😢
I worked hard for that flight and it was very unkind my treatment and unnecessary distress.

Date of travel: December 2023
1  Thank michelle e

Reviewed 10 January 2024

Flight delayed for 6 hours. Then we got rebooked on another maschine and downgraded from business to economy. That can happen.
But customer not even answering the request for refounding the downgrade is unacceptable. I would not recomment..

2  Thank Daniel G
Reviewed 9 January 2024

Our family flew from Sydney to Auckland on Boxing Day 26 December 2023 on flight NZ106 leaving Sydney at 1.45pm. Being Christmas the flights were quite expensive as is to be expected at this time of year. However the service & staff were the worst I've every experienced & we have flown on many airlines all around the world. It was exactly an hour into the flight before our meal was offered considering it was only a 3 hour flight & the seat belt sign was off after 20 minutes into the flight. We paid for the WORKS flight advertised as Food & Drinks, Movies, Luggage & Seats supposed to be the works package what a joke. 2 Hours into the flight we had to pushed the attendant button as No CREW was to be seen & asked for a 2nd drink 1 coke & 1 wine the attendant replied I'll see what I can do BUT the Crew is on a meal break at the moment. So a 3 hour flight & the entire crew take a meal break together? The attendant never came back & that was it never saw another crew member till they all appeared putting their jackets onto land. I know hind sight is a wonderful thing but we should have flow with our budget carrier & paid for the extras it would have been a better & far cheaper flight. You live & learn from your mistakes never again.
I would also like to mention a lady in seats 35 a,b & c travelling on her own with 2 small children 1 infant started to cry & she asked the flight attendant in business class to heat a bottle she poked her head through the closed curtain & was told to go back & she would call economy class crew to come. They never came meanwhile the kid had the whole plane annoyed with his screaming, till the business class attendant came back & said they being the economy crew are NOT COMING give me the bottle & I'll heat it for you had the attendant done this earlier they could have avoided at lot of complaining from other passengers. Air New Zealand really need to pick up their standards if they want to stay in the game. I really don't care if they do or don't because I know I will never fly with Air New Zealand again.

2  Thank Greg P
Reviewed 8 January 2024

By far the worst 'service' I have ever received. After my original flight was cancelled a day before departure, I was transferred to a different flight with no available exit row seats, which I had previously booked. Upon arrival at the airport, I was told that they had placed me into an aisle seat, which I quickly found out that this wasn't the case after boarding the plane, and being placed in a middle seat. After reaching cruising altitude I spotted a row of seats that were vacant and asked a flight attendant of the possibility of switching seats, as I currently had the same amount of room as a shark in a children's pool due to the particularly large size of the passengers on either side of me. Despite the row of seats being vacant the entire flight, I was told that these seats had been allocated to other passengers. To top it all off, I received snarky remarks from the flight attendants, who seemed uninterested in providing any form of customer service. I would suggest training staff to at the very least act like they are paid to care for the wellness of passengers.

Date of travel: January 2024
3  Thank JakeD1212
Reviewed 7 January 2024

We paid top prices including a skycouch as we were travelling for an extremely long time with a 4 yo. It was suggested to us as air Nz was supposed to be good .. we devided to choose them even though our flights were 12.5k!!! Air NZ then proceeded to delay/cancel or change every single flight booked. We couldn't access any information about our flights or changes online and had to call to talk to a useless customer service rep who wouldn't (Or couldn't) help. We blindly got on the next scheduled flight knowing we would miss connecting flights. Schedules were changed throughout our trip with last minute notifications. We didn't get our sky couches as they were all booked out on different flights and didn't do a long haul instead flew around the world stopping in multiple different airports. We were so thankful to get to our destination but it took far longer than it should have and was extremely uncomfortable (didn't get the airNZ service we paid premium prices for). Sent a complaint email with no response.. then with no surprise at all our return flights were also altered at the last minute. None of our family were booked to sit together and had to fight to have our 4yo sit with one parent. The rescheduled flight was with united air who offered no food no tea/coffee and had no running water (almost an 8 hour flight).. we paid 12.5k for our flights. It's getting harder to swallow. Then coukdnt have the skycouch again for the longer airNZ flight and had to fight to sit together. 3 seats with a todler laying across is made for a very uncomfortable flight... when there was 2 adults with 4 seats to themselves across from us. None cared. Every time we called noone helped, customer service in the airport was non-existent... when they would talk to you they were rude. AirNZ absolutely disgraceful. If I could choose negative amount of stars I would.

2  Thank 145suzied
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.