“Best Airline so far!”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 1 June 2020

Although our trip was short, the flight from Christchurch to Auckland was efficient and so simple! The cabin itself was nice, the safety pamphlets and magazines weren't torn to shreds, the safety video was actually entertaining and informative, and the service was top notch - very friendly staff. Boarding on and off the plane was effective by using the front and back entrance, which helped for a quick layover time. I have flown multiple airlines before and this one has been my favorite.

Date of travel: March 2020
    • Food and Beverage
    • Value for money
    • Check-in and boarding
Write a reviewReviews (13,478)

Reviewed 30 May 2020 via mobile

Sadly due to Covid my flight was cancelled but I have to leave a review to say how amazing their customer service was. I received an email 3 months in advance to notify me my flight was cancelled and say I could have a full refund or a credit. I called them and spoke to someone who processed my refund and advised it could be up to 8 weeks but it actually came through in less than a week. The person I spoke to was friendly and efficient. Although I've not got to fly with them I will definitely book with them in future because of how easy they are to deal with.

2  Thank F3019CKcarolineb
Reviewed 28 May 2020

I have flown with Air New Zealand for years now, but now that things get tough and the company should show loyalty and support for their customers, the only thing we get back is silence and indifference. We do not want our flights to be credit, some of us might not have the chance of travelling in a year's time... some of us would prefer that money back to, I don't know, help pay the rent or cover food, now that we have no jobs. Complete lack of empathy from a company that says they pride themselves in giving back and their loyalty to customers... Disgusted

• Food and Beverage
    • Legroom
    • Value for money
4  Thank JChutrau
Reviewed 27 May 2020

Had a international flight from Auckland to LA. Economy section of the flight was pretty full and there was a slight mix up with my seat..a stewardess named Gina very kindly redirected me to different seat. Shortly after take off, I was surprised to be taken into premium economy, and was introduced to two lovely fellas called Mike and Mark. They made me feel very welcome and made sure I was well looked after.
Yes I'm not going to lie, who wouldn't be happy with being bumped up another class, but it was the whole professionalism and the way everything was handled in a courteous manner which I find impressive, as I'm sure this job has very high stresses attached. This was my first time flying with Air New Zealand and hopefully after all this covid-19 it won't be the last.
Thanks guys, you made my flight very memorable and hope to see you again when I get the chance to revisit NZ :)

Reviewed 26 May 2020

We had to get from Christchurch to Auckland to catch an international connection. Booked flights a couple of weeks in advance. Air NZ had clearly thought about social distancing during the pandemic and operated their procedures well. Flights seemed reasonable value but unsure how much they would have cost before Covid-19 kicked in. Flights ran to time and service from all the staff was very pleasant.

Date of travel: April 2020
    • Legroom
    • Check-in and boarding
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.