“Excellent!”
Review of Air New Zealand

Reviewed 28 February 2020

We had two Air New Zealand flights. One from Sydney to Christchurch and the other from Auckland to Rarotonga. Their service was brilliant. Very welcoming and attentive. Always ready to assist. We were very impressed by the quality of in-house
entertainment, the food, but most of all the cabin crew.

Date of travel: January 2020
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank Wanda G

Reviewed 28 February 2020 via mobile

A big difference of around $100 between these two options. Seats are too cramped to do normal economy. The exit rows don't feel much better though. As a couple we were fortunate in exit row to have no one in the third seat so that was a supreme seat! If the seats are all full I would have judged it inferior to Jetstar Australia domestic exit rows.
Works Deluxe is the way to go if you can afford it. It includes a meal, drinks, all entertainment and a neighbour free guarantee, i.e. no one in the middle seat of 3 rows. Plus you are up the front. In my opinion it's well worth it. You arrive happy, not cranky lol. Air NZ has come a long way in offering this option. As a frequent trans Tasman traveller I am rapt.

Date of travel: February 2020
1  Thank keremary
Reviewed 28 February 2020

Air New Zealand is the best in the air. As always, my flight with them was wonderful. The staff were super-friendly and helpful. The meals were delicious with plenty of choice and tere is a huge choice of wine. I like that you can order snacks through the night via your screen. The lie flat bed means that you actually sleep on the flight. I thoroughly recommend Air New Zealand. It is no surprise that they frequently win world airline awards.

Date of travel: January 2020
    • Food and Beverage
    • Check-in and boarding
2  Thank Christine D
Reviewed 28 February 2020 via mobile

Could not travel because had not check in. Arrived at the gate as boarding began after being in a meeting all day. I was booked on an early morning flight and a late return flight on the same day I could not check in for my return flight the night before being outside the 24 hour window.

What nonsense why won’t the AirNZ system let you check in for a return flight on the same day at the same time as the departure flight. They have passed the costing of ticketing on to their customer but the systems don’t fully support the customer. The cost of making a ticket change that you can’t do online due to system inadequacies is outrageous.

As for the ground staff not having the ability to get me on the flight when at the gate having already the previous evening being able to select my seat but not able to check in. Make no sense.

They simply hide behind policy. A policy that has recently been introduced. I have travelled with AirNZ for many years using the phone app without having to formally check in.

Time to get their systems smarter so the customer is considered. Checking in will not stop the failure of some travellers turning up.

As travellers with in NZ air travel is limited to AirNZ. Sadly it doesn’t take for the arrogance of that privileged position to show through in the service behaviours of the people and the company

Date of travel: February 2020
Reviewed 27 February 2020

We had a great flight in premium economy with friendly kiwi staff.it was just a shame we did not get to fly on a 787 this leg. Food was awesome and we loved it

Date of travel: October 2019
Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.